High Marshal (Black Templars)
From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
The High Marshal is the Chapter Master of the Black Templars Chapter.
He is the commander in chief and responsible for the progress of each Crusade and must uphold the honour of the Emperor and his Chapter. The High Marshal is steeped in the lore of the Black Templars and is the living manifestation of the Chapter, knowledgeable in all its secrets. Ultimately he is the only one who knows the exact number of Black Templars active in the Galaxy.
Further more the High Marshal is one of the most autonomous commanders in the Imperium, decreeing where his warriors are deployed without having to justify himself before the High Lords of Terra.[Needs Citation]
Known High Marshals
In chronological order:
- Sigismund - The first High Marshal.
- Scharn - early M32.
- Bohemond - mid-M32, War of the Beast.
- Sigenandus - Killed in 522.M36.
- Constantine - Age of Redemption.
- Reinhart - High Marshal in M39. Later was encased in a Dreadnought.
- Ludoldus - near 645.M39 to around 832.M41.
- Kordhel - High Marshal throughout much of M41. Killed by a Champion of Chaos. Predecessor of High Marshal Helbrecht.
- Helbrecht - Current High Marshal.