|Colour Scheme||House Info||Symbol|
|Motto:||Crush the Serpent|
The proximity of Chrysis to Mars meant that the knightly houses of Chrysis were able to swiftly resupply their Knights with new weapons and equipment. Foremost amongst these knightly houses was Krast, and their strength at arms was bolstered further still by their new alliance with the Mechanicum. Gladly did the full might of House Krast set forth at the bidding of Mars to fight in the Emperor’s wars, leaving the lesser houses to consolidate the alliance with the Mechanicum on Chrysis. However, the Knight world’s proximity to Mars was to ultimately prove its undoing when the full might of Horus’ traitor forces descended upon Chrysis as he carved a bloody path across the galaxy towards Terra. The Knights of House Krast returned to their planet only to find it devastated and the lesser houses all but erased from existence. Ever since the Horus Heresy, the Knights of House Krast have vowed that whenever the threat of Chaos rears its malformed head, they will be there to sever it at the neck.[1b]
Of the bitter betrayals that led to the destruction of all but one of the knightly houses on Chrysis, House Krast holds the base treachery of Legio Mortis to be the worst. As one of Mars’ own Titan Legions, the Death’s Heads fought alongside the Knights of House Krast on many occasions during the early years of the Great Crusade. However, after siding with Horus during the ensuing civil war, the Death’s Heads were reborn in the image of the plague god Nurgle, and led the assault that devastated Chrysis and annihilated the planet’s lesser houses.[1a]
The Knights of House Krast have ever sought to avenge their fallen kinsmen, and seek out the Titans of Legio Mortis above all others in battle. Should a Knight claim a Titan kill, his deed will herald many celebrations on his return to his home world. However, such revelry will pale in comparison to that on Chrysis should a Knight of Krast fell one of the Legio Mortis. The Noble will be treated to a triumph in his honour and he will henceforth be known as a Headtaker. Each Headtaker bears a broken Death’s Head symbol on his Knight suit or tabard – a battle honour reminding all of his heroic deed and celebrating the destruction of a hated foe.[1a]
Rumoured sightings of the traitor Titans of Legio Mortis amongst the Chaos forces besieging the Cadian Gate has led to House Krast redeploying to that war zone in great force.[1a]
Motto of House Krast: 'Crush the Serpent'.[6a]
- M34 — Cleansing the Flensed Worlds of Greenskins. House Krast helped the Adeptus Mechanicus explorator fleet to get a rare archeotech including the lost technology of the Las-Impulsor producing.[6b]
- 512999.M41 - A Blade in the Void
- Time Unknown — The Suppression Wars
- After the Great Rift appearing — The Purging of Trynnect
- After the Great Rift appearing — The Indomitus Crusade
- Bartolf — Baron.
- Forillus — Pilot of Headtaker.
- Countess Karyx — Pilot of the Knight Armiger Serpent's Bane. Slew the Alpha Legion Chaos Lord Stentyrius.
- Lagos — Baron, pilot of the Knight Crusader Redemption of Adamant.
- Narsus — Pilot of the Knight Helverin Hate's Requiem, whose Machine Spirit displays vicious hatred against traitor forces.
- Teros — Pilot of Hexenhammer.
- Winstone — Baron, pilot of a Knight Gallant.
- Baduin Alarbus Selwyn - Pilots the Red Ruin
- Xander Krast — Freeblade
- Sir Xantus — Pilot of the Red Fury.
- 1: Codex: Imperial Knights (6th Edition)
- 2: Warhammer: Visions 7, pg. 177
- 3: Codex: Imperial Knights (7th Edition) (e-book), House Krast
- 4: White Dwarf September 2016, The Ultimate Guide to... Imperial Knights - M30-31
- 5: Codex: Imperial Knights (8th Edition), pg. 46
- 6: Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus (8th Edition)
- 7: White Dwarf February 2020 pg.60