House Van Saar
Van Saars are well-known for the superiority of their arms and equipment. Their technology is more cutting-edge than the other Houses. The House's manufacturing procedures are clear-cut and its completed products are of the utmost quality. The Noble Houses of the hive are known to pay handsomely for Van Saar-made goods; as a result, the House is undoubtedly the wealthiest in Hive Primus. Due to this familiarity with Imperial weaponry, as well as the abilities to improve and use it in combat, Van Saars are often recruited by the Imperial Guard as "High Utility Conscripts". Their staggering power, however, is built around a dark secret – flaws in their understanding the corrupted STC that creates their technology, flaws that bathe them in radiation and slowly kill them from within.
The Van Saars have a well-earned reputation of being serious minded and sombre people, with a deeply deep-seated emphasis placed on order and hierarchy. Like the other gangs of Hive City the Van Saars have a style of clothing which distinguishes them from others. In their case this equates to a close-fitting body suit intended to defend and sustain the wearer in the harsh hive environment. Semi-permeable membranes in the suit reduce the loss of the body’s dampness whilst numerous spots on the material change colour to inform the wearer of airborne pollutants and reduced levels of oxygen.
- Cornalis Gar - Renegade member who oversees networks of rogue manufactorums. Hunted by both the Van Saar's and Imperial authorities.
- 1: Necromunda Rulebook (1995) by Rick Priestley, pg. 81
- 2: Codex: Imperial Guard (3rd Edition, 1st Codex) (1999) by Jervis Johnson and Gavin Thorpe, pg. 28
- 3: Necromunda Rulebook (2003) by Rick Priestley, pg. 64
- 4: Necromunda: Gang War III, pg. 6
- 5: Necromunda: The Book of Judgement pg.9
|Helmawr ◦ Catallus • Greim • Ko’iron • Ran Lo • Ty • Ulanti|
Cawdor • Delaque • Escher • Goliath • Orlock • Van Saar ◦ Aranthus