|Ambiguous Term? This article is about the Necron Lord. For other uses of Stormlord, see Stormlord (disambiguation).|
When he awoke from the Great Sleep, Imotekh found his Tomb World of Mandragora in disarray, torn apart by civil war between lesser Necron Lords. Enraged at the anarchy around him, he marshalled his own army and destroyed the chief antagonists, claiming the throne of Mandragora for himself. He has since forbade any infighting within his realm, considering it a waste of time and resources. Since 781.M41[2b] he has ruled the Sautekh Dynasty, the most powerful of all the Necron Dynasties, with an iron fist and seeks to conquer the galaxy.[2d]
Imotekh is known to be a great strategist, perhaps the most accomplished in the galaxy, and is said to have never been defeated in battle. His campaigns are known to encompass not only single worlds, but entire star systems and whole sectors of space. His impeccable strategies follow logical patterns, indeed, only races that abandon all sense of logic having any hope of defeating him. Amongst the few races capable of such a feat are the Orks, who remain a constant thorn in the side of Imotekh. The Stormlord is known to have immense armies at his disposal and is known to requisition thousands of Necron Warriors for his war campaigns.
In battle, Imotekh is known to use terror as a weapon against his foes, recognizing its effectiveness against the lesser races. He leads his armies from the forefront and personally challenges high-ranking foes in duels of honourable combat. His undefeated reign has marked one critical weakness of the Stormlord, which is he never kills his defeated foe but leaves them wounded but alive in order for them to suffer from the humiliation of defeat.
- 798.M41 — The Siege of Somonor[2a]
- 885.M41 — Baiting Black Templar Centurions into boarding a Tomb Ship, only to detonate it and kill every Space Marine on board.
- 897.M41 — Slaughtering the Sisters of Battle at Sanctuary 101.[2c]
- 910-911.M41 — The Siege of Hypnoth.[2c]
- 930.M41 — Defeating Black Templars High Marshal Helbrecht on the world of Schrodinger VII. The Stormlord spares Helbrecht and severs his hand, so he may forever live with the humiliation.[2c]
- 985.M41 — Imotekh is ambushed by Helbrecht and his Black Templars aboard his Tomb Ship Inevitable Conqueror and forced to flee.[2c]
- 988.M41 — Logan Grimnar of the Space Wolves defeats Imotekh on Vhaloth IV, though he was originally searching for Trazyn the Infinite in retaliation for his previous invasion of Midgardia.
- 1: Imotekh the Stormlord
- 2: Codex: Necrons (5th Edition)
- 3: Index Astartes: Centurions — Famous Battles of the Centurions
- 4: Clan Raukaan - A Codex: Space Marines Supplement — Saga of the Great Wolf
|HQ||Necron Overlord • Necron Lord • Cryptek • Destroyer Lord|
|Elites||Deathmarks • Lychguards • Triarch Praetorians • C'tan Shard • Flayed One Pack • Triarch Stalkers|
|Troops||Necron Warriors • Necron Immortals|
|Fast Attack||Canoptek Wraiths • Canoptek Scarabs • Tomb Blades • Necron Destroyers • Tomb Stalker • Acanthrites|
|Heavy Support||Doomsday Arks • Annihilation Barges • Monoliths • Doom Scythes • Night Shrouds • Canoptek Spyders • Tomb Sentinel • Serapteks • Tesseract Vault • Obelisk • Pylon • Sentry Pylon • Megalith|
|Transports||Catacomb Command Barge • Ghost Ark • Night Scythe • Tesseract Ark|
|Special Characters||Imotekh the Stormlord • Nemesor Zahndrekh • Vargard Obyron • Illuminor Szeras • Orikan the Diviner • Anrakyr the Traveler • Trazyn the Infinite|