Inertialess Drives are propulsion systems used by the Necron Fleet that are capable of interstellar travel without the need to enter into the Warp. With inertialess drives, Necrons are capable of incredible speeds, capable of crossing the galaxy in “the blink of an eye”. When engaged, the harvest ships of the Necrons accelerate with a flare of relativistic energy. Besides interstellar travel, the inertialess drive can be used to make short-range jumps on the battlefield. The inertialess drive is only one of a number of technologies the Necrons use for FTL, others include Dolmen Gates and teleportation.
- 1: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, pg. 74
- 2: Shield of Baal: Exterminatus - Death of Worlds
- 3: Warhammer TV - INDEX XENOS: NECRONS - 36:51
- 4: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada II
- 5: Codex: Necrons (3rd Edition), pg. 25