Inquisition War Trilogy (Novel Series)
|This article is about the one novel of the series. For other uses of Inquisitor, see Inquisitor (disambiguation).
The Inquisition War is an omnibus of three novels written by Ian Watson and set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. It was first published in 2004. Cover art is by Clint Langley. Of the three Inquisition War series novels, the first, Draco, is the earliest Warhammer 40k novel - having been originally published in 1990 as Inquisitor.[Needs Citation]
- Inquisitor Jaq Draco
- Callidus Assassin Meh'Lindi - Also in the short-story "The Alien Beast Within" of Deathwing.
- Navigator Vitali Googol
- Grimm The Squat - Also in Ian Watson's short story "Warped Stars" in the Deathwing collection (rewritten by editors in Black Library's version as "Grill the Tech Priest")
- Imperial Fist Captain Lexandro D'Arquebus
Inquisitor Jaq Draco was born on Xerxes Quintus, a planet rife with mutants and psykers. It had only recently been rediscovered and unified within the Imperium. Draco's parents were Imperial adepts sent to the planet. After they were killed he was raised as an orphan in a missionary school on the planet. Draco was discovered to be a psyker; when a Black Ship arrived he was taken and brought to Terra. He was one of the very few aboard the Black Ship judged to be psychically powerful enough to be allowed to live and go on to become an Inquisitor.[Needs Citation]
Callidus Assassin Meh'Lindi had received experimental implants allowing her to use her polymorphine-induced shapeshifting skills to reshape her body to the form of a genestealer hybrid, and this had allowed her to infiltrate Genestealer cults, which were themselves in the process of infiltrating human worlds and societies.[Needs Citation]
One of the Ordo Hydra, an extremist faction of the secret Illuminati. A psyker, becoming daemon-possessed on his home world of Hurrah; he managed to force the daemon from his body with the aid of Eldar, becoming Illuminated.[Needs Citation]
Forty thousand years in the future, the human Imperium struggles for survival against its relentless enemies. Inquisitor Jaq Draco uncovers a plot that threatens the psychic future of mankind.[Needs Citation]
- Inquisitor ISBN 0425132781[Needs Citation]
- Draco ISBN 0-7434-4318-7[Needs Citation]
- Harlequin ISBN 1-84154-255-5[Needs Citation]
- Chaos Child ISBN 1-84154-255-5[Needs Citation]