The Iron Knights are a Successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists.
The Iron Knights are a crusading Chapter.[Needs Citation] They are one of the twelve Chapters that send a champion to the centennial Feast of Blades, and are the only Chapter to have won on two consecutive occasions.
A number of decades before the end of M41 a group of Iron Knights known as the Iron Brethren turned to Chaos. The Chapter voluntarily began a penitent crusade to bring them to justice.
- The War of the Beast - Responded to the call by the Imperial Fists for all Successor Chapters to move on the Sol System. During the conflict, the Iron Knights contributed a portion of their strength to rebuild the Imperial Fists.
- Constantinus Iconoclasm - The Iron Knights led a 13 year crusade to reconquer the worlds taken by Constantinus.
- Thrassos Disaster[Needs Citation]
- Tower of Blood - Commander Goedendag Morningstar sealed a warp rift created by the Rogue Psyker Gutor Invareln on Minea.
- 13th Black Crusade - The Iron Knights fielded one company against the forces of Chaos in this campaign. They initially fought in the trenches of Amistel Majoris alongside the Howling Griffons Chapter against the Death Guard Traitor Legion. By the third week of the crusade the planet was deemed secure enough that some of the Space Marines stationed there were redeployed to the Cadian system.
- Charadon Campaign
The Iron Knights' homeworld, Seheris[Conflicting sources], is composed of harsh deserts and plains, divided between multiple tribes. As a Chapter, the Iron Knights treat War as a Sport, taking pride in testing their skills in harsh environments and pitting themselves against the most dangerous flora and fauna a planet has to offer as well as the various enemies of mankind.
- Malfons - Chapter Master, killed during the War of the Beast[Needs Citation]
- Pugilis - Commander. See also his quote[Needs Citation]
- Esgard Ganastyr - Chief Apothecary
- Isaac Arnoldus - Master of Sanctity
- Goedendag Morningstar - Commander.
- Verpall - First Captain during the War of the Beast. Succeeded Malfons.[Needs Citation]
- Hervald Strom - Chapter Champion of the Iron Knights. Only Space Marine known to have won two consecutive victories in the Feast of Blades.
- Cadulon - Company Champion[Needs Citation]
- Storn - Became a member of the Imperial Fists[Needs Citation]
- Balm Rolant - Chaplain
- Baret Ikarion - Judiciar
- Uwen Dirhan - Librarian
In the 5th Edition rulebook, the Iron Knights' homeworld is named Brycantia, while in Ben Counter's novel Phalanx, it is named Seheris.
- 1: Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rulebook, pg. 132
- 2: Codex: Eye of Terror (3rd Edition), pg. 16
- 3: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 27
- 4: White Dwarf 286 (UK), pg. 67
- 5: Tower of Blood (Short Story)
- 6: Phalanx (Novel), Chapter Six
- 7: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 24
- 8: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 89
- 9: Throneworld (Novel), Chapter 5
- 10: Shadow of Ullanor (Novel), Chapter 3
- 11: War Zone Charadon - Act I: The Book of Rust, pg. 31
- 12: White Dwarf 469, pgs. 133-136