The Ishandruir (meaning 'The Awakening' or 'The Ascension')[1a] is an ancient Eldar text that exists on a tablet that was written over five million years before M41 by the Farseer Lsathranil of Craftworld Ulthwé which spoke of a prophecy relating to the Necrons that were trapped in stasis on the planet Rahe's Paradise.[1b]
Well over five million years after it was written, the text was discovered on Rahe's Paradise by Father Jonas Urelie and entered the possession of the Adepta Sororitas of the Orders Dialogus. Analysis of the text was assigned to Sister Superior Meritia, who completed her initial translation in 724.M41.
She found that the tome was over five million years old and detailed an apocalyptic prophecy predicting the reemergence of an ancient, dead race referred to as the Yngir and their servants. In particular, the prophecy named four of these beings: the Dragon, the Master of Death, That Which Lies Outside and the Jackal-God. Meritia transmitted the details of her translation to Terra, but also provided an annotated copy for Inquisitor Lorquai.
- The banshee's call shall wake the dead when dark portents was nigh,
- Heed them as the counsel of a seer, or a father.
- The Yngir, who have sleep since the very birth of Chaos,
- Shall crawl once more from their tombs, thirsting for warmth.
- The war of heaven shall be as nothing to their vengeance,
- For the sons of Asuryan, few in number, cannot stand against them.
- And the Eye of Isha shall dim, closing for all eternity;
- Such a gentle goddess cannot witness the atrocities they will wreak.
- The soulless ones shall be the harbingers of the dark fate,
- And then shall come the living dead, the progeny,
- The thirsting ones, the forever damned,
- And the galaxy shall run red as the blood of Eldanesh.[1b]
- 1: Dawn of War: Ascension (Novel)
- 2: Codex: Necrons (3rd Edition), pg. 5