From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
Places of Note
- Kaurav city: The capital of the planet and the system, it is part of an even more gigantic city extending through Dussala and Vyasastan. It is home to many universities, libraries and Ecclesiarchy temple. Kaurav itself is a patchwork of new growth and decaying neglect. Fresh structures are raised amongst collapsed, burnt out and decaying buildings.
- Dussala Precinct: Forms the southern stretch of the great leviathan city of Kaurava I. It is also the central headquarters of the Imperial Guard presence of the system and proud home of the 252nd Conservator Regiment. Throughout Dussala, military and civilian life have blended remarkably well: there are few Dussalan families without at least one son enlisted in the 252nd.
- Vyasastan: Forms the eastern edge of Kaurava I’s leviathan city. Due to the conflict between the Sisters of Battle and the Imperial Guard, the populace of the cities and suburbs have largely fled.
- Sama District: The single metropolis in the barren northern lands of Sama. It became the Preceptory of the Sisters of Battle Order of the Sacred Rose when they arrived in the system. The Sisters chose this city for its symbolism: a proud testament to the Imperium rising out of a dusty wasteland.
- Jalaganda Lowlands: This busy center of interplanetary commerce is home to the only Ancient Gate on Kaurava I. The other part of Jalaganda is a humid land of silty rivers, canals, and mud-hut villages.
- Shakun Coast: This small province by the shore of Shakun Sea is famous for its health benefits, and for the wealthy and powerful who tend to have second homes along the water. It has several proper cities, and numerous poor fishing villages. This province is known for its famed museum of xenos and mutant curiosities, which was later closed by General Vance Stubbs, who deemed it blasphemous.