Kaurava II is the second planet of the Kaurava system that is highly known for its food industries. Its northern continent is a harsh, forbidding land, while its southern continent is more settled and peopled. The planet was infested with Orks long before the first Imperial presence.
Kaurava II has two moons: Irredene and Orridune.
|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
Places of Note
- Lands of Solitude: Located in Kaurava's northern continent. Its name originated from the fact that no one but hermits and nomads could survive there long. These nomads sustain themselves by hunting the prized and dangerous game found in the northernmost reaches of Solitude. The Blood Ravens Space Marine claimed a relatively habitable basin near the center of the region as headquarter upon their arrival.
- Rokclaw Mountains: A series of mountains that are so massive that their peaks were said to be visible almost anywhere on the planet. It is the headquarter and final bastion of the Kauravan Orks. The mountains were notorious in that the Imperial Guard had never been able to breach the Ork defenses there until the arrival of General Vance Stubbs. The mountains were later renamed Stubbs' Peaks in honour of his victory over the Kaurava Orks.
- Cerulea: An idyllic and fertile land that is mostly settled by farmers and fishermen, who provided much of the system with its food. Cerulea's warm seasons are long, and its winters are temperate.
- Monse: A patchwork of city and farmland that contained an Ancient Gate to the moon Orridune. The province was so exposed to Orkish invasions from the Rokclaw Mountains that over time it has grown to be one of the best fortified and developed parts of Kaurava II.
- The Skerries: A group of some hundred islands along the continent's eastern edge, many of which are small enough for a single village. They contain a lander pad for traffic with the moon Irridene, and numerous fisheries.
- The Forgotten Isles: A group of islands located off the continent's western coast; it is half-shrouded in silver mists. Its people were known to be a secretive folk, not leaving the isles and not welcoming strangers, which aroused suspicions from the off-islanders. The isles were first discovered by Tur Turgold, the fifteenth of Kaurava’s First Settlers, and was the one from whom the settlers believed they inherited their isolation, terse speech, and general secrecy. The largest island of the Forgotten Isles is called Tilk.
- Irridene: An icy moon that provided a vital route for Kaurava's interplanetary trade. It has a small industrial city, complete with factory beds, depots, and a commercial space port.
- Orridune: Kaurava II's second moon was secretly settled by the Tau, who renamed it Nan Yanoi (or "sword-moon") and constructed a military complex on it. Within days of their arrival, the Earth Caste had already created localised atmosphere, water supplies and a great plateau. The Tau then constructed a massive artillery emplacement as part of their conquest plan, called the Ar'Ka cannon, which could fire on any habitable territories in the system.