|Ember Wolves redirects here. For the short story by Rob Sanders, see The Ember Wolves (Short Story).|
|Colour Scheme||Legion Info||Symbol|
|Alternative name:||Ember Wolves|
|Forge World:|| Mars and Bodt (formerly)|
|Colours:||Red, bronze, and black|
|Strength:||90 Warhound Scout Titans (M31)[1b]|
The Legio Audax (also known as the Ember Wolves) were a Traitor Titan Legion that sided with Horus during the Battle of Isstvan III.[1a] It was known for its close connection with the World Eaters, having served with them in the Great Crusade as part of the 13th Expeditionary Fleet. The legion consisted of at least 90 Warhound Scout Titans as well as Dire Wolf Heavy Scout Titans.[1b]
The Legio Audax was originally founded during the Great Crusade, created upon Mars to supply new Titans to Expeditionary Fleets. To facilitate its rapid creation, its ranks consisted solely of Warhound Titans, but they were given a delegation of Tech-Priests and STC fragments for the creation of other Titan classes once they discovered a Forge World of their own to colonize. This never came to pass, for during conflict with the Zlassr Empire their STC's were corrupted by the Xenos "Voidsingers". After this event the Legio earned a brutal reputation, being officially censured after the Lorin Alpha Massacre where they indiscriminately destroyed several Hives. Numerous calls to abolish the Legion were ignored by the War Council, who instead relocated it to the barren world of Bodt, the training world of the World Eaters. They were also denied any resupply requests, ensuring they would only wield Warhounds for the foreseeable future.
During the Crusade their savagery and reputation saw them drawn to their World Eaters allies. This savagery soon evolved into loyalty to Angron over the distant Collegia Titanica. It was during their time with the World Eaters that the Legio developed its Ursus Claws, and the Audax came to specialize in using small swift packs of up to five Warhounds to surround larger Titans, bringing them down with these new weapons.[1b] The Ursus Claws were always on the Titan's right weapon arm, whilst the Titans within each battle-pack mounted a variety of different primary weapons on their left arms for tactical variety.
Later in the Heresy, Chaos-corrupted Titans of the Legio Audax appeared fighting alongside Daemons during the War Within the Webway. Though most of Legio Audax joined Horus' forces, a Loyalist faction of the Legio still fought for the Imperium. They called themselves the Hounds of Night and are known to have taken part in the Battle of Beta-Garmon.
- ???.M30: Vorda Corona - Battle-Pack Karnassia fight alongside the Warmonger Titan Tantorus Magnificat of the Legio Castigatra at Absolom.
- ???.M31 - Battling the Zlassr Empire
- 005.M31: Battle of Isstvan III
- ~007.M31: Battle of Armatura
- ~008.M31: Battle of Nuceria
- ~008.M31 - Crusade of Iron
- 010.M31: War Within the Webway
- 014.M31: The Siege of Terra[11a]
- ???.M31 - Belisarr Alpha - Battle-Pack Karnassia fight against the Tantorus Magnificat.
- ???.M31 - Phendrick's World - Battle-Pack Karnassia fight against the Tantorus Magnificat.
- ???.M31 - Absolom - Battle-Pack Karnassia bring down the Tantorus Magnificat, but are wiped out between infighting and the crew of the Magnificat overloading the reactor.
- Syrgalah — Command Titan of the Legion, known as the Ember Queen. Took part in the Shadow Crusade[2a]
- Canis Ulteriax — Command Titan of Battle-Pack Karnassia, destroyed in the Tantorus Magnificat's reactor blast.
- Darahma — Took part in the Shadow Crusade.[2d]
- Hindarah — Took part in the Siege of Terra. 
- Kalla — Took part in the Shadow Crusade.[2a]
- Lupa Laudator — Battle-Pack Karnassia, destroyed by the Tantorus Magnificat.
- Maakri — Took part in the Shadow Crusade.[2a]
- Pugnax Principio — Battle-Pack Karnassia, destroyed by the Tantorus Magnificat.
- Rapacia Rex — Battle-Pack Karnassia, destroyed by the Vulpium Rex.
- Rubella Mortem — Known as the Red Death, had the most god-kills of Battle-Pack Karnassia, destroyed by the Canis Ulteriax.
- Seddah — Took part in the Shadow Crusade.[2d]
- Vulpium Nox — Battle-Pack Karnassia, destroyed by the Rubella Mortem.
- Canis Ignis
- Venator Indefessus - Armed with close-ranged weapons such as a Vulcan Mega-Bolter and Inferno Gun.
- Ignis Tabellariu
- Venenum Morsus
- Venric Solostine — Princeps Ultima of Syrgalah at the start of the Shadow Crusade.[2a]
- Audun Lyrac — Princeps Ultima of Syrgalah after the Battle of Armatura[2c]
- Balthus Voltemand — Princeps Primus of Canis Ulteriax, Battle-Pack Karnassia, killed by the Tantorus Magnificats reactor blast.
- Phetalag — Princeps of Pugnax Principio, Battle-Pack Karnassia, killed by the Tantorus Magnificat.
- Tunstall Haulk — Princeps of Rapacia Rex, Battle-Pack Karnassia, killed by the Vulpium Rex after supporting Thrax's attempted coup.
- Grental Thrax — Princeps of Rubella Mortem, Battle-Pack Karnassia, killed attempting to usurp Princeps Primus Voltemand.
- Ulienne Grune - Princeps of Hindarah, took part in the Siege of Terra
- 1: The Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal
- 2: Betrayer (Novel)
- 3: Master of Mankind (Novel), Chapter 16
- 4: The Ember Wolves (Short Story)
- 5: Warhammer Community: Shadow and Iron: Crusades of Vengeance (posted February 5 2020) (last accessed 2/5/2020)
- 6: Adeptus Titanicus: Shadow and Iron pg.38
- 7: Warhammer Community: Ready the Ursus Claws (posted February 25 2020) (last accessed 2/26/2020)
- 8: Adeptus Titanicus: The Defence of Ryza, pg. 83 - Titan Legions and Allegiance
- 9: Adeptus Titanicus: Traitor Legios, pgs. 108-113
- 10: Warhammer Community: When Warhounds Won’t Cut It – It’s the All-new, All-smashing Dire Wolf Heavy Scout Titan (Posted on 24/01/2022) (Last accessed on 24 January 2022)
- 11: Echoes of Eternity (Novel) - Dramatis Personae
- 11a: Chapter 3