|Colour Scheme||Legion Info||Symbol|
|Alternative name:||Death Stalkers|
|Forge World:||Unknown, originally Mars|
The Legio's symbol bares the mark of the Vorpus Sabrefang, an ancient and extinct creature said to personify cunning in pursuit and savagery in strike. The elite of Vulpa's princeps even keep facsimile versions of the sabrefang as pets.
In the Legio Vulpa's early history they took part in the Great Crusade and were originally stationed on Mars, where they had a decades long dispute about ancient territorial rights with their fellow Legio, the Death Bolts.[1a] During the Great Crusade they leveled the city of Biphex on Dendritica instead of allowing negotiations to be given a chance, drawing the ire of the Legio Solaria.
When civil war erupted on Mars, the Legio Vulpa turned upon the Emperor and joined those who swore their allegiance to the Warmaster Horus. Their Dark Mechanicum allies dispatched the Death Stalkers to destroy the loyalist Deathbolts and the Traitor Titan Legion launched a devastating surprise attack on their rival's fortress. The first hour of the battle between the two Legios saw the unprepared Deathbolts lose nineteen of their Titans to the Deathstalkers' attack, before the loyalist Legio finally escaped from their grasp.[1b]
Due to the corruption spread by Word Bearers Dark Apostle Vorrjuk Kraal, the Death Stalkers became more dedicated to Chaos and pledged themselves to Khorne. Blood sacrifice and dark rituals became commonplace. The Legio was one of those that fought for Horus during the Battle of Molech.
Later, the Legio Vulpa was one of the Legions that took part in the Battle of Beta-Garmon, being stationed primarily on Beta-Garmon III and Theta-Garmon V. During the battle eight Princeps of the Legion were fused with Daemons and installed on Warlord Titans under the oversight of Dark Mechanicus Magos Ardim Protos and Dark Apostle Kraal, creating berserker machines dedicated to Khorne. The Lego Vulpa went on to take part in the Siege of Terra, attacking Gorgon Bar and facing Sanguinius.
- Iconoclast — Warlord Titan.
- Nuntio Dolores — Warlord Titan.
- Tenebris Vindictae — Warlord Titan.
- Ultimate Sanction — Warlord Titan.
- Ars Bellus — Reaver Titan.
- Dust of Ages — Reaver Titan.
- Immitis Venor — Reaver Titan.
- Princeps Senioris Ulriche — Commanded the Legio during the Great Crusade[1a] and the Schism of Mars.[1b]
- Princeps Majoris Terent Harrtek — Commanded the Warlord Titan Nuntio Dolores during the Battle of Beta-Garmon.
- Princeps Bennif Durant — Commanded the Warlord Titan Tenebris Vindictae during the Battle of Beta-Garmon.
- Princeps Maklaren — Commanded the Reaver Titan Dust of Ages during the Battle of Beta-Garmon.
- Duluz Casson — Personal servant to Terent Harrtek and Chaos Cultist.
- 1: Mechanicum (Novel)
- 2: Codex: Eye of Terror (3rd Edition), pg. 16
- 3: Titandeath (Novel)[Needs Citation]
- 4: Vengeful Spirit (Novel), Chapter 13
- 5: Adeptus Titanicus: Titandeath, pgs. 56–59
- 6: Saturnine (Novel) Part 1 Chapter 1