Lords of Decay
|Marine||Basic Data||Warband Symbol|
Formerly a Loyalist Space Marine Chapter known as the Lances of Pteros, they were one of the thirty Chapters sentenced to the Abyssal Crusade on the orders of Saint Basillius. The Lords of Decay are a large Death Guard sub-faction. They have been encountered by Imperial forces on multiple occasions, including during the Siege of Vraks. They are stated as having been formerly led by the Primarch Mortarion.[Conflicting sources]
- Siege of Vraks.
- Sturmhex Incident - A warband led by First Captain Roga travelled to the planet Sturmhex Prime, conducting a ritual to summon the Daemon Prince Anahk'hir, who wished to use the dying star Sturmhex to establish a staging point for one of Abbadon the Despoiler's Black Crusades. The Lords of Decay and their Daemon allies were defeated by the Grey Knights First Brotherhood.
- According to one source, the Lords of Decay are a Death Guard warband. However, another source lists them as a corrupted Loyalist Space Marine Chapter. It is possible that they were a corrupted Chapter that later allied themselves with the Death Guard or were subjugated and absorbed by the Traitor Legion. Alternatively, there could be multiple warbands with the same name.
- 1: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 21
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume Seven - The Siege of Vraks - Part Three, pg. 141
- 3: Sturmhex (Short Story) - On Wings of Blood (Anthology)
- 4: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 19