Lucius (Forge World)
|This article is about the Forge World; for the other uses, see Lucius (disambiguation).|
|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
|Tithe Grade:||Aptus Non|
The Lucius forges supply weapons and equipment to neighbouring Krieg, for the many Death Korps regiments raised on that planet. Lucius's forge is also well-known for producing the Lucius Pattern Warhound Scout Titan and Lucius Pattern Drop Pod.[Needs Citation] It is also produces the large quantity of Macharius Tanks of different patterns.[5a]
The name of this world origins from Luciun, a unique alloy renowned for its durability. War-plate and weapon of armies of Lucius made of Luciun, so warriors of Lucius forces got resilience against small-arms fire.
A hollow world (one of the Supernatura Majoris of the Imperium), Lucius has been part of a grand experiment that should have destroyed it a dozen times over. The center of its once-barren core is an artificial sun, a titanic fusion reactor that powers the industry sprawling above. No one truly knows how this energy source came to be, though many Tech-Priests take credit.
The illuminated letter that forms Lucius' icon is burnt into the surface of the planet, each detail a dozen miles from top to bottom.
Lucius' boundless power supply has made it a forefront of military production, producing many types of guns and vehicles. Their Ironstriders and Onager Dunecrawlers are the most bellicose of all the Skitarii legions. Their Titan Legion are the infamous Legio Astorum.
At some point the planet suffered the disastrous Inculcata Schism, which nearly saw the Forge World implode with enough force to rip a whole in reality. Today this event is only spoken of in whispers.
In M41, Lucius was invaded by Hive Fleet Leviathan. Fortunately, the Mechanicus forces were victorious in driving away the Tyranids after months of bloody fighting winning the war of attrition when xenos could not keep pace with the refurbished robots and the recycled machinery parts of the Lucians.
Lucius is known to produce its own patterns:
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy,
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume Six - The Siege of Vraks - Part Two, pg. 97
- 3: Codex: Skitarii (7th Edition) pg. 17
- 4: Imperial Armour Volume Five - The Siege of Vraks - Part One
- 5: Imperial Armour Volume One - Second Edition: Imperial Guard
- 6: Codex: Cult Mechanicus (7th Edition) — Temples of the Omnissiah
- 7: Warhammer Community - Forge World Focus: Lucius (last accessed 11 October 2017)
- 8: Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus (8th Edition), pg. 16, Lucius