Lucius (Forge World)
|This article is about the Forge World; for the other uses, see Lucius (disambiguation).|
|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
|Tithe Grade:||Aptus Non[1a]|
The name of this world originates from Luciun, a unique alloy renowned for its durability. The war-plate and weapon of the armies of Lucius is made of Luciun, so the warriors of Lucius's forces have improved resilience against small-arms fire.
A hollow world[3b] (one of the Supernatura Majoris of the Imperium[3b]), Lucius has been part of a grand experiment that should have destroyed it a dozen times over. The centre of its once-barren core is an artificial sun, a titanic fusion reactor that powers the industry sprawling above. No one truly knows how this energy source came to be, though many Tech-Priests take credit. Lucius' boundless power supply has made it a forefront of military production, producing many types of guns and vehicles. Their Ironstriders and Onager Dunecrawlers are the most bellicose of all the Skitarii legions. Their Titan Legion are the infamous Legio Astorum.[3b]
The illuminated letter that forms Lucius' icon is burnt into the surface of the planet, each detail a dozen miles from top to bottom.
Lucius's forge is well-known for producing the Lucius Pattern Warhound Scout Titan and Lucius Pattern Drop Pod.[Needs Citation] It is also produces large quantities of Macharius Tanks of different patterns.[5a]
At some point the planet suffered the disastrous Inculcata Schism, which nearly saw the Forge World implode with enough force to rip a hole in reality. Today this event is only spoken of in whispers.[3b]
In M41, Lucius was invaded by Hive Fleet Leviathan. Fortunately, the Mechanicus forces were victorious in driving away the Tyranids after months of bloody fighting winning the war of attrition when xenos could not keep pace with the refurbished robots and the recycled machinery parts of the Lucians.
Lucius is known to produce its own patterns:
- Type Five Icarus-pattern Personal Descent Unit — A type of grav-chute used by Astra Militarum drop troops.
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy,
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume Six - The Siege of Vraks - Part Two, pg. 97
- 3: Codex: Skitarii (7th Edition)
- 4: Imperial Armour Volume Five - The Siege of Vraks - Part One
- 5: Imperial Armour Volume One - Second Edition: Imperial Guard
- 6: Codex: Cult Mechanicus (7th Edition) — Temples of the Omnissiah
- 7: Warhammer Community - Forge World Focus: Lucius (last accessed 11 October 2017)
- 8: Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus (8th Edition), pg. 16 — Lucius
- 9: Epic Armageddon Rulebook, pg. 102
- 10: Epic 40,000 Magazine Issue 5, pg. 18
- 11: http://web.archive.org/web/20110925022817/http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Titans/LUCIUS-PATTERN-WARHOUND-TITAN-(WOLF)-BODY.html (saved archive pade, dated September 2011, last accessed 20 February 2016)
- 12: The Guns of Tanith (Novel) — The Saint (Omnibus), A Reappraisal of Combat Policy, Section Four