The macro cannon are a type of Macroweapon and the largest form of auto-weaponry, much heavier even than the autocannon. Standard ground-based Macrocannons fire massive and explosive shells at a maximum range of around 40 km. Although it is possible to mount them on heavy vehicles, they are more suited for use in emplacements and static defence due to their considerable size and potency.
- Aquilla Macro-Cannon — Heavy ground-based defensive battery.
- Stygis-pattern Macrocanon: Fires heavy shells that contain an adamantium core that cuts through the heaviest armor.
- Disruption Macrocannon: Fires a shell of highly charged, ionized deuterium atoms. They cause minimal physical damage to their targets, instead they overload and shut down electronic systems throughout the vessel. They are useful for capturing prey intact.
- Hecutor Plasma Macrocannon: An ancient variant of the plasma macroweaponry that refocuses the power of the plasma blast, concentrating it into photonic packets that can be fired over long distances. They are equipped to only the oldest vessels, and as a result many are found on Chaos Space Marine ships lost to many millennia ago.
- Thunderstrike-pattern Macrocannons: Older and less powerful than Mark VI Mars-pattern. They fire multi-kilotonne artillery shells capable of shattering a Reaver-class Titan's shields and and blow out its torso section in a single shot. Rarely used any longer on Navy combat void ships by M41, they were still installed on transports. A battery of them were installed upon the keep of Deicoon, a city on forgeworld Katara, but were destroyed during the Doom of Katara.
- Mark VI Mars-pattern Macrocannons: Newer and more powerful than Thunderstrike-pattern macrocannons.
- Heavy Macrocannons: Mounted on certain older Imperial warships and are now found on Chaos vessels.
- 1: Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, pg. 87
- 2: Rogue Trader Core Rulebook, [Needs Citation]
- 3: Imperial Armour - Apocalypse (2013) (E-Book), pg. 266
- 4: Rogue Trader: Battlefleet Koronus pgs. 34–35
- 5: Warlord: Fury of the God Machine (Novel), Chapter 5
- 6: Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2
|Slug-Throwers||Stub gun • Hand Cannon • Stub Rifle • Heavy stubber • Shotgun • Ripper Gun|
|Auto-Weapons||Autopistol • Autogun • Autocannon • Assault cannon • Macro cannon|
|Ork||Grot Blasta • Slugga • Shoota • Big Shoota • Supa-Gatler • Gigashoota|
|Eldar||Shuriken Weaponry • Shrieker Cannon • Death Spinner • Shadow Weaver|
|Dark Eldar||Splinter Pistol • Splinter Rifle • Splinter Cannon|
|Tau Empire||Kroot Bolt Thrower • Kroot rifle • Kroot hunting rifle • Kroot gun • Rail Rifle • Railgun|