Macroweapons are ranks of large cannons typically mounted on starships. They destroy their targets through powerful broadsides and volume of fire.[1a] They frequently have effective ranges vs ships on the same scale as the Nova Cannon, which fires shells at near-lightspeed.
- Bombardment Cannon: Designed to reduce planetary defenses to rubble.[1a]
- Macro cannon
- Stygis-pattern Macrocanon: Fires heavy shells that contain an adamantium core that cuts through the heaviest armor.[1a]
- Disruption Macrocannon: Fires a shell of highly charged, ionized deuterium atoms. They cause minimal physical damage to their targets, instead they overload and shut down electronic systems throughout the vessel. They are useful for capturing prey intact.[1a]
- Hecutor Plasma Macrocannon: An ancient variant of the plasma macroweaponry that refocuses the power of the plasma blast, concentrating it into photonic packets that can be fired over long distances. They are equipped to only the oldest vessels, and as a result many are found on Chaos Space Marine ships lost to many millennia ago.[1a]
- 1: Rogue Trader: Battlefleet Koronus
- 2: Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook, “Ships of the Gothic Sector”