From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
- Corinthian Crusade (698.M41): the Chapter was part of a combined Space Marine force led by Marneus Calgar, consisting of the Angels of Absolution, Lamenters, Silver Skulls, Scythes of the Emperor, and the Ultramarines. During this seven year crusade the force inflicted a series of major defeats on Waaagh! Skargor and the Ork empire of Charadon, which delayed the invasion of Waaagh! Argluk for thirty years. The Marines Errant were honorably singled out for a series of close-fought boarding actions, as well as for the rescue of the Ultramarines Third Company.[3a]
- The Badab War: in 904.M41, the Marines Errant were recalled from the Eastern Fringe to reinforce the Fire Hawks Chapter. However, they soon found themselves fully occupied protecting Imperial ships in transit. Despite this their Strike Force "Star Jackal" were Drop Pod-ed during the Bellerophon's Fall.
- The Fall of Vilamus: in the last years of M41, Huron Blackheart of the Red Corsairs set out to steal large amounts of gene-seed. Vilamus, the fortress-monastery of the Marines Errant, became a target due to their relatively small garrison, subsequently losing nearly all of their gene-seed.
- 1: White Dwarf 101 (UK), "Index Astartes: The Badab Uprising, by Rick Priestley
- 2: Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rulebook, pg. 146
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Nine - The Badab War - Part One
- 4: Deathwatch: The Jericho Reach, pgs. 19-20
- 5: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 89
- 6: Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter pg. 42
- 7: Imperial Armour Volume Two (First Edition), pg. 239
- 8: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Second Edition: War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes, pg. 162
- 9: Warhammer 40,000 Compendium, pgs. 34/35