Maugan Ra is said to be the only survivor from a minor expansion of the Eye of Terror that caught Altansar in its grip and sucked it in five centuries after the creation of the Eye of Terror. Already a mighty Exarch, he stayed with his Craftworld until it was dragged into the Eye. When Asurmen taught his brethren the Path of the Warrior, it was Maugan Ra that fell furthest from the fold, after Arhra himself. He took on a dark and sinister demeanor, and focused on a style of warfare that could slay his enemies from afar. As his craft progressed, Maugan Ra learned that even the most outlandish weaponry could be used with high precision, and this skill became known as the Maugetar. This became the founding discipline of the Dark Reaper Aspect itself.
During the 13th Black Crusade, Maugan Ra journeyed into the Eye of Terror and discovered that his Craftworld and its people had survived, even in the perilous domain of the Chaos Gods, and subsequently freed it from the Eye of Terror. He would later marshal the remains of his home to support the combined Eldar effort against the forces of Chaos. Despite the survival of Altansar, there was no celebration for the return of the long-lost Craftworld for its shadowy and curious ten-thousand year survival within the Eye of Terror was regarded with great suspicion and hostility by the majority of the Eldar race.
- On the planet of Stormvald in the Segmentum Tempestus, Maugan-Ra stood alone against a Tyranid swarm from Hive Fleet Leviathan and single-handedly triumphed.
- The Siege of Alaitoc
- Maugan Ra appeared under the command of Jain Zar, now pledged to Ynnead. Maugan Ra took part in the battle to defend the Ynnari against the Thousand Sons and Tzeentch Daemons in the Webway, vanishing during the struggle.
Maugan Ra (1994)
- 1: Codex: Eldar (4th Edition), pg. 57
- 2: Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), pg. 28
- 3: Codex: Eldar (6th Edition) (E-Book), pg.98
- 4: Codex: Eldar (6th Edition), pg.60
- 5: Games Workshop (last accessed 7 May 2015)
- 6: Codex: Craftworlds (7th Edition) (e-book), Maugan-Ra - Remnants of Glory
- 7: Munitorum: The Maugetar (Background Book)
- 8: Gathering Storm: Fracture of Biel-Tan
- 9: Codex: Craftworld Eldar (3rd Edition) pg.3
|Craftworld Eldar Troops|
|Command||Avatar of Khaine • Autarchs • Farseers • Spiritseers • Warlocks • Exarchs|
|Aspect Warriors||Dire Avengers • Fire Dragons • Howling Banshees • Striking Scorpions • Swooping Hawks|
Dark Reapers • Warp Spiders • Shining Spears • Shadow Spectres
|Troops||Guardians (Storm Guardians • Black Guardians) • Windrider Squadrons • Rangers (Pathfinders • Shroud Runners) • Wraithguard • Wraithblades • Grav Platform • Support Battery|
|Phoenix Lords||Asurmen • Baharroth • Fuegan • Irillyth • Jain Zar • Karandras • Maugan Ra|