The Mega-Dread is a hulking, armor plated monster, much larger and considerably more powerful than the more commonly encountered Deff Dreads and Killa Kans. They fit enormous hydraulic power into a relatively compact frame, which makes them far more maneuverable on the battlefield then the larger Stompa. Mega Dreads are usually armed with a combination of Kill Kannons, Claws, and other high-caliber weapons. Being larger and more sophisticated then standard Ork walkers, most Mega Dreads are controlled by a hybrid system of detachable surgical implants which are often hammered in then pried out of the pilot's head during and after battle. To the Mekboyz that are able to build these monstrosities, they are the ultimate killing machines and a Warboss can expect to pay a hefty amount of teef to acquire them.
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume Eight - Raid on Kastorel-Novem, pg. 164
- 2: Forgeworld Meka Dread (last accessed 10 June 2015)
- 3: Forgeworld Mega Dread (last accessed 10 June 2015)
- 4: Imperial Armour Volume Eight - Raid on Kastorel-Novem pg.1
- 5: Warhammer 40,000: Carnage
- 6: Warhammer: Visions 14, pg. 104 - Army of the Month - Created by Paul Evans