|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
|Tithe Grade:||Aptus Non[1a]|
The planet is formed almost entirely of metal, and no flora or fauna live on the world. Even the atmosphere is inimical of life. It has not always been this way, but rather a concentrated effort by its Tech-Priests to transform the planet into the example of the Cult Mechanicus ideal many millennia ago.[2b]
Metalica was able to use its Legio Metalica Titan Legion to defend the world during the Age of Strife, fending off some 32 Xenos invasions. This allowed it to eventually not only survive but flourish, and by the time of the Great Crusade it had formed an empire of some dozen neighboring systems.
First contact with the Imperium was made by the 1159th Expeditionary Fleet, whose ambitious but impetuous commander hastily engaged in hostilities with Metalica's outlying holdings. This saw the Metalican defence fleet lay waste to the Imperials, until Tech-Priests with the Crusade were able to reestablish diplomatic efforts. The Tech-Priests noted the STC-based designs of Metalica and judged them as loyal followers of the Machine God. An agreement was eventually reached and Metalica joined the forces of the Imperium. Its forces gained much fame during the remainder of the Great Crusade.
During the Horus Heresy, Metalica's loyalty would be questioned multiple times. Though the world itself remained loyal, traitor elements are known to have been created and damaged the Forge World's reputation.
Age of the Dark Imperium
Sometime after the formation of the Great Rift, Metalica was invaded by the Death Guard in what became known as the War of Slime and Metal. It has since been threatened again by a Death Guard-led force in the Charadon Campaign. besieged by a Warp Rift known as The Sore and invaded by the vast forces of Chaos led by Typhus, at the height of the battle the Death Guard Lord was able to penetrate the inner sanctum of Metalica and deliver a computer phage known as the Nemesis Wurm. The Chaos forces withdrew afterwards, leaving Metalica devastated. However the Forge World remains all but crippled, for while the Mechanicum initially was able to eradicate the mutations and entropy caused by the Wurm it always manifests once more 7 cycles later. This cycle has continued over and over, with the Mechanicum unable to cleanse their world of taint.
- Heptus Rho-Decima Khleng — Former Fabricator-General.[7b]
- Ozmerhadus Phal — Magos Dominus.
- Decitor Septrax-Tertian — Skitarii Marshal.[7c]
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy
- 2: Codex: Skitarii (7th Edition)
- 3: Codex: Cult Mechanicus (7th Edition) — Temples of the Omnissiah
- 4: Black Crusade: Traitor's Hate — Chapter 1
- 5: Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition), pg. 29
- 6: White Dwarf 461, pg. 66
- 7: War Zone Charadon - Act I: The Book of Rust
- 8: Crusaders of the Machine God: Cult Mechanicus Painting Guide, pg. 34
- 9: White Dwarf 463, pg. 16
- 10: Adeptus Titanicus: Loyalist Legios, pgs. 78-79
- 11: War Zone Charadon - Act II: The Book of Fire, pgs. 34-37