|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
|Class:||Knight World,Fortress World|
Molech is close in size and orbit to Terra and has a moon of similar size and scope. Four major continents exist: Estara, Neuropia, Arcanius, and Molechari. Much of Molech is home to thick jungles filled with savage beasts that its Knight Houses keep at bay or hunt for sport.
- Western Marches - Stretch out along the western edges of the continent of Molechari.
- Lupercalia — Capital. Unknown to the inhabitants of Molech, an ancient portal to the Realm of Chaos exists underneath its surface. Who or what built this portal originally is unknown.
- Dawn Citadel — Massive fortress built around the spacecraft the Emperor used to originally arrive on Molech. Seat of House Devine
- Zanark Deeps — Seat of the Legio Fortidus
- Damesek - Site of the Emperor's original arrival of Molech. Island with a now-mythical status said to be where the Lord of Storms began his pilgrimage to the land that would eventually become known as Lupercalia.
- Avadon — City
- Desqua — City
- Larsa - City
- Khanis — City
- Goshen — City
- Imperatum — City
- Leosta — Fortress
- Luthre — Fortress
- Ambrosius Radial - Agricultural region and gateway to Untar Mesas.
- Untar Mesas - Hinterland.
- Iron Fist Mountain — Seat of the Legio Crucius
- Torger Mountain — Seat of the Ordo Reductor
- Southern Steppes - Also known as the Tazkhar Steppes on the far side of Untar Mesas.
- Kush - Eastern Jungle region home to many dangerous wild beasts
- Northern Oceans - Many island chains that connect Molechari to the rest of the planet.
- 'Novamatia — Spaceport
- Loqash — Spaceport
- Citadel of the Storm — Seat of the Blood Angels garrison on Molech,
Due to its similarity to Terra, Molech was targeted early for colonization by Humanity. Due to the savage beasts that roam the world, Knight suits became necessary for the colonists survival and eventually Knight Houses formed and became the supreme authority. Sometime during the Dark Age of Technology, it is said that the Emperor along with several other Perpetuals such as Alivia Sureka traveled to Molech on a one-way spacecraft. There, they found a gateway into the Realm of Chaos which the Emperor entered, making a bargain with the Dark Gods and becoming imbued with new powers and the knowledge to create the Primarchs. The Emperor left Sureka behind to look after the Gate. During the Age of Strife, Molech's ancient Knight Houses protected the world from the horrors of Old Night. Later in 869.M30, Molech itself was brought into the fledgling Imperium during the Great Crusade by a combined force of Dark Angels, Luna Wolves, Emperor's Children, and White Scars each led by their respective Primarchs, who banned the worship of their serpent god in favor of the Imperial Truth. The Emperor accompanied them, and erased each of their minds of the planets significance while leaving behind a substantial force to garrison the world to ensure none could use the same gateway to the Warp he had. The Knight House of Devine came to dominate the world, and the city of Lupercalia, built in honor of Horus Lupercal, was constructed over the cave network where the Warp Gate was located.[1b]
During the Horus Heresy, the planet was the site of a major Sons of Horus invasion led by Horus himself, who regained his memory and sought to obtain the same powers the Emperor had attained[1a]. The planet was conquered by traitor forces after House Devine turned rogue, with only 100 survivors from the planet escaping. Later after Horus' defeat, Molech was liberated during the Great Scouring.
- 1: Vengeful Spirit (Novel) [Needs Citation]
- 2: Codex: Imperial Knights (6th Edition) — A Legacy of Honour - The Death of Traitors
- 2b: Knight Worlds of the Imperium
- 3: Adeptus Titanicus: Doom of Molech, pg.12-[Needs Citation]