The Narthecium is a Space Marine Apothecary's medical field kit, containing the necessary tools to treat wounded Marines and get them back into action as quickly as possible. Included in the standard kit are:
- Healing agents;
- Sterile clay for sealing wounds;
- A Carnifex for euthanizing fatally injured Marines; and
- Reductor (carbon alloy): a tool for extracting the Progenoid organs (gene-seed) from fallen Marines.
Other components may include a chainblade and an apothicarion drill for piercing armor. The Deep Bore version lowers the placement of the chainblade, and replace it with a saw-disc. The main focus of this version is the drill for piercing armor and retrieving gene-seed as quickly as possible. The Hagen pattern drill is larger and stronger, designed to be able to work on Terminator armor as well as standard Space Marine armor
- Acus Placidus: a specialised wrist-mounted Reductor pistol, used by Blood Angels Sanguinary Priests to euthanize grievously-wounded Marines;
- Exsanguinator: a specialized Reductor, which doubles as a weapon, carried by the Sanguinary Priests of the Blood Angels[Needs Citation];
- The Fang of Morkai: a specialized Reductor carried by the Wolf Priests of the Space Wolves.
- 1: Codex: Space Marines (3rd Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 2: Codex: Space Wolves (5th Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 3: Games Workshop Official Site
- 4: Eternal crusade Rogue Trader Store - Space Marines