Book of the Outlands
|Preceded by||Necromunda: Ash Wastes|
Beyond the choking hive cities of Necromunda lie the ash wastes – sprawling outlands plagued by unpredictable weather and vicious beasts, where gangs of prospectors and nomads eke out a precipitous existence between polluted dunes and radioactive skies. Ferried across the rolling roads of this desolate expanse atop a dizzying variety of roaring vehicles, these gangs clash over mining spots, weapons caches, and convoys of precious goods in high-octane skirmishes where anything can happen.
Uncover a whole world outside the confines of the hive cities, full of dangerous individuals and limitless opportunities. Learn about the Ash Waste Nomads, the Ironhead Squat Prospectors, and a myriad of Hangers-on, Brutes, and Exotic Beasts. You'll also find rules for using vehicles in your games of Necromunda, along with a Driving Skill Set and a full workshop for customising and creating your own scratch. Plus, tables for generating ash wastes battlefield conditions, fighting battles on rolling roads, gang tactics for Ash Waste Nomads, Ironhead Squat Prospectors, Orlock Vehicle Gangs, and more.
– Ash Waste Nomads: In-depth background material for the mysterious Ash Waste Nomads who roam Necromunda's outlands, plus all the rules you need to field an Ash Waste Nomads gang, including new wargear, gang tactics, and the Wastelands Skill Set.
– Ironhead Squat Prospectors: Extensive setting information on the abhuman Ironhead Squat Prospectors who seek Necromunda's riches, plus complete rules for fielding an Ironhead Squat Prospectors gang, with new wargear, gang tactics, and the Wisdom of the Ancients Skill Set.
– Wasteland Gangs: Rules for expanding your gang with vehicles and bikes, hiring vehicle crews, new Hangers-on and Brutes from the outlands, and Exotic Beasts native to the ash wastes.
– Wasteland Workshop: Design and customise your own vehicles for Necromunda campaigns and skirmish games, with rules for unique vehicles like Outrider Quads and setting up a land train with the Cargo-8 Ridgehauler.
– Battles in the Ash Wastes: Rules for generating battlefield conditions including regions and seasons, plus rules for fighting mobile battles in all-important Rolling Roads combat.
– Additional Rules: Gang tactics for the Ash Wastes Nomads, Ironhead Squat Prospectors, and Orlock Vehicle Gangs, as well as the new Driving Skill Set.
– Vehicle Rules: All the rules you need to run vehicles in your games of Necromunda, including profiles and characteristcs, new actions, movement and impacts, and crew. Plus, gang tactics for Orlock Vehicles, and a new Driving Skill Set for all gangs.
– Weapon Reference Chart: A comprehensive reference chart for the weapons you will find in the Ash Wastes.
|1995-1996||Rulebook (Sourcebook • Outlander Rulebook)|
|1998||Necromunda Hardback Rulebook|
|2017-2018||Necromunda: Underhive (2017) (Gang War • Gang War II • Gang War III • Gang War IV)|
|2018-2021||Necromunda Rulebook (2018) (Gangs of the Underhive • The Book of Peril • The Book of Judgement • The Book of Ruin • House of Chains • House of Blades • House of Iron • House of Artifice • House of Faith • House of Shadow • Book of the Outcast)|
|2022-||Necromunda: Ash Wastes • Book of the Outlands • Cinderak Burning|
|In other media:|
|Novels||Necromunda (Novel Series) • Status: Deadzone (Inferno!) • Underhive: A Necromunda Anthology • Wanted: Dead • Terminal Overkill • Sinner's Bounty|
|Comics||Kal Jerico • The Redeemer|