The distinctive colour scheme of the Novokh derives from their battle rituals in the time before biotransference. Having slain their enemies in battle, Novokh warriors would daub their faces and arms in the blood of the vanquished, a practice now echoed in the crimson carapaces of their soldiery.[2a]
The territory of the Novokh dynasty is found in Ultima Segmentum, and includes the crownworld of Dhol VI and the active tomb world Draven[2b]. The dynastic symbol of the Novokh represents the six wars of conquest which emanated from the dynasty's original core; this is a simple design of the type often seen in aggressive younger dynasties[2a]. The Novokh Dynasty is currently fighting against numerous Ork hordes. Since the formation of the Great Rift, they have begun a campaign against the forces of both the Imperium and Chaos within Imperium Nihilus.
During a battle with the Death Guard warband known as the Pallid Hand on Hollowfall, forces from the Novokh Dynasty were infected by Mortarion's bio-mechanical Ferric Blight. The disease spread to their Tomb Worlds and have created a devastating epidemic.
- Overlord Crimson King — Commands the C'tan Shard, known as the Crimson God.
- Overlord Galmakh, the Moon Killer. He gained fame before the Great Sleep by destroying moons to forever shatter the gravity of worlds that defied his rule. Galmakh's Decurion recently put a Militarum Tempestus strike force to flight, and even now amasses more power in the Ultima Segmentum.
- Ultep — Warrior
- Crimson God — A C'tan Shard commanded by the Crimson King. It is an unwilling vassal though, that metes out destruction in battle with its incredible powers, but never quite in the way that the Novokh Dynasty would wish for.
Known Tomb Worlds
- 1: Codex: Necrons (5th Edition), pg. 68
- 2: Codex: Necrons (7th Edition)
- 3: White Dwarf 54 (2015) — Regiments Of Renown
- 4: White Dwarf 69 (2015) — Regiments of Renown
- 5: Codex: Death Guard (8th Edition) pg. 23
- 6: Codex: Necrons (8th Edition) pg. 13
- 7: Codex: Tyranids (8th Edition), pg. 32 — Galactic Feeding Grounds: Fresh Horrors