It produces a pleasant dream-like state which lasts a few hours, but then turns into a deep depression once it wears off unless another dose is taken. It is highly addictive and has been known to be smoked and injected directly into the bloodstream.
It is found amongst all classes of civilians and military personal in the Imperium and many smugglers make a good living by importing and selling the illegal substance. It is found amongst the middle- and upper-class citizens of the Imperium, and is used frequently by the followers of Slaanesh in ritualistic activities. Obscura-den's are fairly common in heavily populated areas within Hives, and are notorious for being a frequented area by the less-desirables found in every hive.
- Midas Betancore — Friend and partner of Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn, though he is known to have "cleaned up".[Needs Citation]
- Murdin Eyclone — The late nemesis of Inquisitor Eisenhorn was a heavy user.[3a]
- Girolamo Malahite — Associate of the corrupt House Glaw.[3b]
- Beauchamp Abrogas — scion of the Abrogas cartel on Pavonis
- 1: Rogue Trader Rulebook, pg. 142
- 2: Nightbringer (Novel) — The Ultramarines Omnibus by Graham McNeill: Chapter Six, pg. 104
- 3: Xenos (Novel) by Dan Abnett