Orbital Plates are large space structures built by the Imperium. Essentially cities orbiting around their patron worlds, Orbital Plates can hold untold millions and often sport important industries, trading centers, and defenses.
Terra was home to some of the largest and most glorious Orbital Plates which were mostly constructed during the Dark Age of Technology. Most of these were destroyed over the Horus Heresy, either by Rogal Dorn decommissioning them for fears of their vulnerability for the coming Siege or by Horus' forces during the Siege itself.
Known Worlds to contain Orbital Plates
- 1: The Outcast Dead (Novel) - Chapter 4
- 2: Praetorian of Dorn (Novel) - Chapter 3
- 3: Wolfsbane (Novel) - Chapter 7
- 4: The Unremembered Empire (Novel) - Chapter 9
- 5: Titandeath (Novel) - Chapter 12