Order of the Ebon Chalice
|Name:||Order of the Ebon Chalice|
|Honoured Saint:||Alicia Dominica|
|Convent:||Convent Prioris (Terra)|
|Colours:||Black armour, white cloaks with red linings and weapons[2b]|
The Order was founded by Ecclesiarch Alexis XXII when he split the Sisters of the Convent Prioris[2b] on Terra, where the Order remains based remain based. Their first leader and most honoured Saint is Alicia Dominica. Their colours are black armour, white cloaks with red linings. Their weapons are a deep red. These were the original colours of the Convent Prioris[2a] and even further to the original uniforms of the Daughters of the Emperor which the Order inherited when the Convent was split, and has been unchanged for four thousand years.[2a]
Though not originally recognized under the current name, the Order of the Ebon Chalice represents the original and oldest Order Militant, the direct continuation of the original founding as the Daughters of the Emperor, with combat and religious doctrine, like their uniforms, unchanged for four thousand years. The Order's symbol, a flaming skull-filled chalice, is a representation of the terrible knowledge imparted to Dominica when she was brought before the Golden Throne.
- Palatine Rhiannnon was sent with a mission of fifty Sisters to Iocanthos, though the reason for this deployment is not known and considered mysterious given the lack of interest the Convent Prioris typically takes in the sector.
- 143-151.M41 — The Magdellan Prime Civil War
- 143-151.M41 — Helping to evacuate Ecclesiarchy officials and sacred relics from the falling Betalis IV
- 876.M41 Van Horne: The Order of the Ebon Chalice attempts to defend the world from the Bloodtide, unleashed by the Bloodthirster Ka'jagga'nath. However some of the sisters are corrupted upon contact with the Bloodtide, and those that endure are slaughtered by the Grey Knights so that their blood could be used to create a purity talisman in order to banish the Daemon and the bloodtide.
- 938.M41: Battle of the Penitent
- 980.M41: The Promethean War
- M42: The War of Beasts on Vigilus
- 999.M41: The 13th Black Crusade: The Order committed 4 Preceptories.
- ???.M42 - The Road of Martyrs as part of the Indomitus Crusade
Known Named Vehicles
- Order of Our Martyred Lady
- Order of the Argent Shroud
- Order of the Valorous Heart
- Order of the Sacred Rose
- Order of the Bloody Rose
- 1: The Inquisition, pg. 65
- 2: Codex: Sisters of Battle (2nd Edition)
- 3: Dark Heresy: Blood of Martyrs, pg. 78
- 4: Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition), pg. 6
- 5: White Dwarf 382 (US), pg. 101
- 6: Codex: Grey Knights (5th Edition), pg. 15
- 7: Codex: Adepta Sororitas (6th Edition), pg. 9
- 8: Imperial Armour Volume Two (First Edition)
- 9: Codex: Eye of Terror (3rd Edition), pg 16.
- 10: White Dwarf July 2019 - Indomitus Crusade Fleets