The Centurio Ordinatus is the Mechanicus organization responsible for all aspects of these machines. Every individual Ordinatus is a unique construction and named for the world on which it was first employed or built. Each Ordinatus is unique in that it was designed for specific purpose, for a particular battle. This is why the different Ordinatii have very specialized weapons configured for their intended role. Some were designed to devastate whole cities with a single shot, some devoted to dealing with enemy Titans, while others can transport entire regiments of soldiers under the earth. When the Adeptus Mechanicus was torn apart by civil war during the Horus Heresy, both sides unleashed all manner of Ordinatus upon each other.
After the Heresy, many Ordinatus were abandoned, lost or simply forgotten, remaining hidden in secret armouries, deep underground or in remote locations. Perhaps the greatest military weapons ever conceived, the rediscovery of an Ordinatus often results in civil war, as the finders begin fighting over the great prize.
Before they can be sent to war, Ordinatus must be ritually blessed by the Lord of the Centurio Ordinatus. Failure to do so is considered tech blasphemy of the highest order. Due to the fact that each Ordinatus is a priceless relic of the Mechanicus, they are only activated and employed under the most dire of circumstances. Even a conflict on the same scale as the Third War for Armageddon was not considered motivation enough to even consider fielding one without performing the proper rituals.[3b] An Ordinatus is transported to its warzone by a Mechanicum Macro-Transport.
Ordinatus Minoris Macro Engine
The Ordinatus Minoris Macro Engine was a sub-type of more commonly encountered Ordinatus during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy. Smaller than the colossal Ordinatius Primaris, these vehicles were nonetheless still gargantuan and rarer than a Battle Titan. Few Macro-Engines followed a broad class, and most were unique constructs designed by their Forge World of origin. Only a handful of Forge Worlds had the resources or authority to construct these engines.
- Ordinatus Armageddon aka "Oberon" - bears a massive plasma-based Nova Cannon[3b][3c]
- Ordinatus Gehenna - equipped with an Apocalypse Cannon
- Ordinatus Golgotha - carries six Hellfire missiles, capable of annihilating massive swathes of enemy infantry and light vehicles.
- Ordinatus Helicon
- Ordinatus Hervara - resembles the Ordinatus Mars.
- Ordinatus Magentus - equipped with an Sonic Destructor Cannon.
- Ordinatus Mars - armed with the devastating sonic disruptor.
- Ordinatus Priam - a huge tunneling machine purpose-built for the siege of Priam during the Horus Heresy.
- Ordinatus Ullanor - Hastily assembled by Magos Dominus Gerg Zhokuv on Ullanor during the War of the Beast.
- Ordinatus Malamuria - Uses a Graviton Weapon
- Ordinatus Karros
- Ordinatus Incus
- Ordinatus Endymion
- Ordinatus Aktaeus - equipped with massive assault drill.[Needs Citation]
- Ordinatus Sagittar - armed with a Belicosa-pattern Volcano Cannon.
- Ordinatus Ulator - armed with an Ulator-Class Sonic Destructor.
- Ordinatus Valia
- Geryon Ordinatus - a similarly large-scale war machine, but not necessarily an Ordinatus itself
- 1: White Dwarf 191 (UK), pgs. 49-53
- 2: Iron Hands (Novel), [Needs Citation], pg. 122
- 3: Helsreach (Novel) - Armageddon (Anthology):
- 4: Dark Apostle (Novel), [Needs Citation]
- 5: The Horus Heresy: Mechanicum Taghmata Army List, pg. 62
- 6: The Beast Must Die (Novel), Chapter 10
- 7: Only War: Final Testament, pg. 13
- 7a: Cover
- 8: Adeptus Titanicus: Crucible of Retribution, pg. 30 - The Cataclysm of Iron Timeline
- 9: Warhammer Community
- 10: Codex: Skitarii (7th Edition), pg. 7
- 11: Tech-Priest (Novel), - 0001'
- 12: The Inheritor King (Short Story)
- 13: Predator, Prey (Novel) Chapter 4
- 14: The Horus Heresy Book Six, pg. 62
- 15: Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus (9th Edition), pg. 14 - War Zone: Metalica