Ork Walker close combat weapon
|This article is about the walker weapons; for the Grabbin' Claw or Wreckin' Ball, see Ork Vehicle Upgrades.|
Orks manning walker vehicles retain their passion for close combat and so almost every Ork walker will feature some kind of close combat weapon. These are as varied as the average Choppa, taking the form of buzzing saws, giant chainfists, huge drills, bigger versions of Power Klaws or anything in between. All of them are deadly up close, ignoring any armour and striking with enormous strength, and some give some additional advantages. Bigger walkers commonly feature bigger and more deadly weapons.
Killa Kan and Deff Dread sized
Also known as Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons (also referred to as Power Shears, Buzz Saws, Drillas, Crushas or Kombat Klaws[14a]) these are featured on Killa Kans and Deff Dreads, sometimes up to four on a single walker, allowing it to crush an enemy in a flurry of attacks.
Ork walkers sometimes are equipped with Wreckers, close combat weapons used to crash buildings, often used in urban warfare.
Mega Dread sized
As well as more common weapons, Mega Dreads often feature Rippa Klaws, a set of huge metal claws that are especially handy in ripping vehicles apart and destroying buildings.
Klaw of Gork/Mork
Also known as Titan close combat weapons, Mega-Choppas, or Kombat 'Ammers, these monumental weapons are often surrounded by a crackling energy field and confer the walker impossible strength, allowing it to crush super-heavy tanks like fruit. These are mounted on all kinds of Stompas.[14b]
Some Stompas feature an unusual weapon, known as the Krusha Ball, a huge chunk of scrap metal on a chain, which is mounted on a Stompa's arm in place of the regular close combat weapon. Its swings cause immense devastation, krushing everything in its path: soldiers, vehicles, buildings and terrain. However, it is not without its risks. If the backswing is too much, it will smash back into the Stompa, causing immense damage to the Stompa itself.
Ripper Fist Blade
Buzz Saw Arm
Buzz Saw Arms are massive saw-like weapon attached to the upper carapace of a Gargant
Buzz Saw Arm
Mega-Gargant with Krusha
Snappers are large mechanical jaws built into the belly of Ork Gargants. The Snapper, like the Gut Buster, is a uniquely Ork weapon, and is actually two weapons in one, consisting of a pair of spiked metal jaws used in close combat, and a large melta-gun with a limited range. Snappers are powerful enough to bite through the armour of Titans, amputating legs.
Gargant with Snapper
- 1: Codex: Orks (4th Edition), pg. 102
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume Eight - Raid on Kastorel-Novem, pgs. 129, 138
- 3: Games Workshop Official Site
- 4: GW Website Ork Stompa
- 5: Forgeworld Ork Mega Dread Rippa Klaw arm (last accessed 10 June 2015)
- 6: Forgeworld Ork Mega Dread Kill Saw arm
- 7: Forgeworld Ork Stompa Claw arm (last accessed 10 June 2015)
- 8: Warhammer 40,000 Expansion: Apocalypse, pg. 96
- 9: White Dwarf Issue 351, pg.40
- 10: Games Workshop Official Site
- 11: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 60
- 12: GW Website Deff Dread
- 13: Warhammer 40,000 Expansion: Cities of Death, pg. 69
- 14: Epic Armageddon Rulebook
- 15: Games Workshop
- 16: White Dwarf 116 (UK) - Ork Gargants
- 17: Codex Titanicus (1st Edition) cover
- 18: Citadel Catalog 1995/1996 - Mekboy/Slasher Gargant