From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
(Redirected from Power gauntlet)
A power fist (aka power glove) is a large metal gauntlet surrounded by an energy field that disrupts solid matter.
The Power fist is large and slow in combat, and so the bearer must be willing to take damage before they can strike back. The benefits of the power fist are that it increases the user's strength, much like Power Armour due to the extra power put in by the cybernetics which allow it to move.
- Mk.IIa Castigator - Used by Space Marines
- Solarite Power Gauntlet - Favored by the Imperial Fists, they are shaped as ancient armored gauntlets from Terra.
- Proteus Pattern - Built on Terra during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy.
- Deathwatch Power Fist - Deathwatch variant equipped with an auxilliary Meltagun.
- Boltstorm Gauntlet - Used by Primaris Space Marines
- Flame Gauntlet - Used by Primaris Space Marines
Notable Power Fists
- The Hand of Dominion - Used by Roboute Guilliman
- The Gauntlets of Ultramar - two ancient power fists with incorporated boltguns, used exclusively by Ultramarines Chapter Master Marneus Calgar.
- The Fist of Dragos - Used by the Deathwatch
- The Hand of Defiance - Used by Tor Garadon
Proteus Pattern Power Fist
- 1: Codex: Dark Angels (4th Edition), pg. 52
- 2: The Horus Heresy - Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Legions, pg. 29
- 3: Codex: Deathwatch (7th Edition) - Armoury of the Deathwatch
- 4: Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, pg. 79
- 5: Warhammer Community: Pre-order Today: Imperial Fists, Salamanders and More! (Posted on 19/10/2019) (Last accessed on 19 October 2019)
- 6: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 58
- 7: Liber Hereticus, pg. 139