Praetors of Orpheus
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Praetors of Orpheus are stationed on the world of Beta Entebes II within a subterranean base, which serves as their Fortress Monastery, called the Labyrinthe of Orphia.[2a] They are known for their disciplined approach to the Codex Astartes and are compltely inflexible in their adherence to the tome. While the Codex is their guide in all things, they are prone to interpreting passages too literally.
The technological lore of the Praetors of Orpheus is second only to that of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Many believe that the two are tied by more than shared service in the Emperor's name. The Praetors of Orpheus are highly active in the systems neighbouring Pavonis.
- Deployed as part of Strike Force Naasirka for the Jotun Repression[2c] in 932.M39.
- Sent 2 Companies to Vigilus during the War of Beasts in M42.
The Praetors wear predominantly white armour with distinctive sky-blue shoulderpad trims, backpack, chest eagle and gun-casing. Company affiliation is denoted both by a Roman numeral on the left kneepad and also the colour of the pad itself. The chapter badge is a blue shield with a yellow sunburst in the center, with the exception of the top left quarter which is white with a blue Ultramarine symbol.
- Barabel — Techmarine, see also his quote
- Numine — Dreadnought of the 6th Company.[2b]
- Prium — Member of the Deathwatch.
- 1: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 84
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition
- 3: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 25
- 4: Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 33
- 5: Strategy Cards for Planetary Empires expansion game, card Special Ammunition - Minor Stratagem", (saved archive page, dated February 2011, last accessed 6 October 2015)
- 6: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Second Edition, pg. 19
- 7: Imperium Nihilus: Vigilus Defiant, pg. 79
- 8: Codex: Deathwatch (8th Edition), pg. 15