Reaver Attack Squad
|This article is about the Space Marine Attack Squad. For other uses of Reaver, see Reaver (disambiguation).|
Reaver Attack Squads were specialized Space Marine formations used during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy era by the Sons of Horus.
Symbolizing the Legion's own way of war, they were heavily influenced by tribal warfare on Cthonia. Reaver units specialized in swift assaults which maimed and disabled their foes, striking down leaders, and mercilessly cutting down any isolated enemies. Acting in the tradition of Cthonian gangs, each Reaver unit was effectively an independent warband in its own right and its warriors fought more as individuals than soldiers.
Reaver Marines were sometimes equipped with jump packs, similarly to Assault Marines.
A number of Reaver Squads were destroyed by Loyalists, in Abaddon's failed attempt to attack the Saturnine Gate, during the Battle for Terra.
- DeRall — Line Captain and Chief, during the Battle for Terra
- Kalus Ekaddon — Captain of Catulan Reaver Squad.
- Raxhal Koraddon
- Xan Ekosa
- Skalagrim Phar — Apothecary.
- Kovarny — Chieftain.
- Catulan Reaver Squad
- Cthonae Reaver Squad
- Heathens Reaver Squad
- 1: Forge World (last accessed 23 May 2015)
- 2: Saturnine (Novel), Part 3 Chapters 2-3
- 3: Horus Rising (Novel), Part One, Chapter Two
- 4: Traitor's Faith (Short Story) — Cthonia's Reckoning (Anthology)