The Reclaimers are a Space Marine Chapter.
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
History and Organization
Similar to the Iron Hands, the Reclaimers have unusually close ties to the Adeptus Mechanicus, and this association is reflected in several aspects of their Chapter: their Techmarines occupy places of unusual prestige, their Apothecaries are exceptionally skilled in grafting augmetic replacements, and their Power Armour is among the most finely crafted of all Space Marines'.[Needs Citation]
The Reclaimers also frequently partner with the Mechanicus in searching out archeotech and new sources of knowledge, often to the point where these considerations outweigh other military factors. For instance, the Reclaimers insisted on boarding the space hulk Spawn of Damnation as it was en route to the Serendipita system, overruling the planet's PDF commanders who wanted to blast the hulk into oblivion before it became a threat.[Needs Citation]
- Two companies from the Reclaimers, along with two from the Swords of the Emperor fought against Tyranids on Corania, turning the tide after nearly a year of fighting by Imperial Guard regiments, including the Valhallan 296th and 301st regiments, which became the Valhallan 597th.
- A company under the command of Captain Gries investigated a Necron tomb and was placing demolition charges when Commissar Ciaphas Cain unexpectedly burst from the Dolmen Gate, having narrowly escaped another Tomb on Inheritus Prime.
- This same company then assisted in clearing away a genestealer infestation on Viridia, and then pursuing the space hulk Spawn of Damnation through the warp.[Needs Citation]
- 13th Black Crusade — Sent 4 Companies to Cadia
- 1: For The Emperor (Novel) — Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium (Omnibus) by Sandy Mitchell: Chapter One, pg. 38, fn. 1
- 2: Echoes of the Tomb (Short Story) by Sandy Mitchell — Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium: pgs. 273, 290
- 3: The Emperor's Finest (Novel) by Sandy Mitchell:
- 4: Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook pg. 161