Retribution Class Battleship
|This article is about the the battleship class. For other uses of Retribution, see Retribution (disambiguation).|
The Retribution Class Battleship is a large vessel used by the Imperial Navy and Basilikon Astra. The class is a true ship of the line, being able to deliver a devastating broadside assault on the enemy, but is also equipped with impressive ordnance capabilities.
The Retribution features the distinctive armoured prow of the Imperial Navy which allows it to speed headlong at the enemy fleet, ignoring all but the heaviest fire brought against it. The ship is also as fast as the main cruisers of the Imperial Fleet. Being able to keep up with them gives extra support that can be vital in a fleet engagement.
The main armament of the Retribution class are the rows upon rows of mighty weapon batteries lining its sides. These are able to fire a devastating spread over extreme ranges, crippling enemy ships before they even get within range to return fire. If closing on an enemy vessel, torpedoes fired from the Retribution are equally capable of causing extreme damage. As with many Imperial battle craft, the ship is also equipped with a series of Lance turrets along the dorsal of the ship. These are more accurate than the flank batteries, but their numbers are fewer. They are normally used for finishing off an enemy ship that the main weapons have crippled, or providing return fire when the battleship is closing on its foes. Many a ship have fallen to the power of a close range broadside of a Retribution class.
Notable Retribution Class Vessels
- Blade of Woe
- Cardinal Boras
- Dawn of Fire - Flagship of Roboute Guilliman during the early Indomitus Crusade.
- Embrace of Fire
- Fiery Heart - Under the command of the Sisters of Battle
- Fist of Adamant — Flagship of Battlefleet Calixis.
- Nolandia — Served during the Horus Heresy.
- Pride of Fenris — Flagship of the Great Wolf of the Space Wolves Chapter.
- Saint Augusta
- The Throne's Divine Demands
- 1: Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook, pg. 107
- 2: Grey Hunter (Novel), Chapter Ten, pg. 107
- 3: Warp Storm (rulebook), [Needs Citation]
- 4: Games Workshop (last accessed October 4, 2012)
- 5: Garro: Sword of Truth (Audio Book), Disc 1, Track 9: The Fleet
- 6: Rogue Trader: Battlefleet Koronus, pgs. 54–57
- 7: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada (Video Game)
- 8: Vessels of Mars: Ships of the Adeptus Mechanicus, by Nate Montes, Robert Henderson and Ray Bell
- 9: White Dwarf July 2019 - Indomitus Crusade Fleets
- 10: Avenging Son (Novel) Chapter 20
- 11: War Zone Octarius - Book 2: Critical Mass, pgs. 14-17
|Adeptus Mechanius Fleet|
|Battleships||Ark Mechanicus • Emperor • Retribution • Oberon|
|Cruisers||Adeptus Mechanicus Cruiser • Lunar • Tyrant • Gothic • Dictator • War Barge|
|Light Cruisers||Adeptus Mechanicus Light Cruiser • Endeavor • Endurance • Defiant • Secutor • Lathe|
|Escorts||Firestorm • Nova • Gladius • Sword • Falchion • Cobra • Hunter|
|Attack Craft||Fury Interceptor • Starhawk Bomber • Shark Assault Boat|
|Transports/Landing Craft||Macro Transport • Heavy Transport • Lifter Barge • Conquesitus Ark • Coffin Ship • Titan Barque • Knight Transport • Invasion Lander • Drop-Vault • Drop-keep|
|Support Craft||Explorator Vessel • Eradication Ark • Explorator Ark • Goliath Class Factory Ship • Megiron Class Forge Vessel • Goliath Class Forge Tender • Capacitar Ship • Salvator Ark • Scavenger Scow|
|Planetary Aircraft||Avenger Strike Fighter • Lightning Fighter • Thunderbolt Fighter • Storm Eagle Gunship • Vulture Gunship • Archaeopter • Lysander Targeting Craft|