|Energy Fields: Conversion field - Refractor field - Displacer field - Stasis field||Armour: Flak - Carapace - Powered - Artificer - Terminator|
A Rosarius is an amulet which incorporates a powerful conversion field generator to defend the wearer from attack. A rare and highly prized piece of technology, it is also an icon of the Imperial Creed, and entrusted only to the highest officials of the Ecclesiarchy.
The Rosarius takes the form of an amulet, often displaying the Aquila or a square, stylised cross of adamantium or other durable metal, with a jewel or Ecclesiarchy symbol in the centre. It is worn around the neck or waist on a sash, a cord, or a string of prayer beads.
It contains a tiny conversion field generator, which emits a protective energy field around the wearer. The field's effect is to convert the energy of an impact into light. When the field stops a shot, a blinding flash of light is produced. The field is capable of rendering even plasma gun shots harmless.
The rosarius is often referred to as the "soul's armour."[Needs Citation]
Examples of Use
- The most noted bearers of Rosarii are Space Marine Chaplains, who receive them from the Ecclesiarchy as a symbol of the link they share.
- The Wolf Priests of the Space Wolves Chapter, who combine the roles of Chaplain and Apothecary, are equipped with Wolf Amulets, which confer many of the same benefits.
- Confessors and Missionaries also wear rosarii.[Needs Citation]
- Inquisitors sometime carry them as well, although it is probably out of practical concerns rather than allegiance to the Ecclesiarchy.[Needs Citation]
- Are worn by Canonesses of the Adepta Sororitas.
- Also, a large number of Witch Hunters carry a Rosarius due to the affiliation between the Adepta Sororitas and the Adeptus Ministorum.[Needs Citation]
- Goge Vandire used a rosarius to trick the Brides of the Emperor into believing he had the Emperor's grace.
- 1: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 58
- 2: Codex: Space Wolves (5th Edition), pg. 35
- 3: Deathwatch: Rites of Battle, pg. 143
- 4: Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Rosarius, wargear selection screen
- 5: Dark Heresy: Blood of Martyrs, pg. 11