Rynn's World (Novel)
|This article is about the novel; for the planet, see Rynn's World.|
When the ork hordes of Warlord Snagrod lay waste to the planet of Badlanding and wipe out the Crimson Fists sent to stop them, Chapter Master Kantor prepares a hasty line of defence on the Fists home planet of Rynn's World. Tragedy strikes when an errant missile destroys the Space Marine's Chapter monastery, killing most of their warriors. With a handful of Crimson Fists left, Kantor must fight the campaign of his life, to defeat Snagrod's orks and prevent his Chapter's annihilation.
On the day that the Crimson Fists are celebrating the foundation of their chapter they receive a message, detailing the events at the planet of Badlanding, where a mass Ork fleet has struck, overwhelming the defenders. A lone commissar sends news to the Crimson Fists of this terrible transgression to warn them of the Ork's approach and to request retribution for their deaths. Pedro Kantor, Chapter Master of the Crimson Fists deems it necessary to send The Crusader with the 3rd Company on board to Badlanding to look for survivors and to defeat the Orks. Upon arrival they find the Orks in extraordinary numbers and no Imperial survivors.
- Chapter Master Pedro Kantor — Lord Hellblade, current Crimson Fists Chapter Master (M41), Captain of Crusade Company, 29th Chapter Master
- Captain Alessio Cortez — Master of the Charge, Nigh-invulnerable Captain of the 4th Company.
- Captain Ashor Drakken — Captain of the 3rd, Master of the Line, killed in the assault on Krugerport (dec.)
- Captain Drigo Alvez — Captain of the 2nd, Master of the Shield, Captain in charge of defence of New Rynn City, overwhelmed and killed by Orks (dec.)
- Veteran Sergeant Huron Grimm — Second to Drigo Alvez