Sabbat Worlds (Anthology)
It was first published in October 2010.
Across the Sabbat Worlds, a bitter conflict is fought, a conflict that can only end in victory or annihilation. The innumerable forces of the Arch enemy attack without mercy, and planet after planet burns with the flames of war. Yet even amidst this nightmare, the Astra Militarum stand stoic against their foes. The Phantine Air Corps battle the enemies of mankind across burning skies, while the Gereon resistance tries to break the foothold of Chaos on their beleaguered world and the legendary Gaunt's Ghosts fight in the most violent and bloody of warzones.
- Apostle's Creed (Short Story) by Graham McNeill — The elite fighter pilots of the Apostles must discover the location of a hidden enemy base if they are to prevent the disastrous loss of the war on the Sabbat World of Amadeo.
- The Headstone and the Hammerstone Kings (Short Story) by Matthew Farrer — In the Sabbat Worlds, an Adeptus Mechanicus team searches a machine graveyard for salvageable technology to help win the war. But not all the dead machines are Imperial in origin...
- Regicide (Short Story) by Aaron Dembski-Bowden — Captured by the Blood Pact, a member of Warmaster Slaydo's personal bodyguard recounts the Warmaster's slaying of Archon Nadzybar on Balhaut.
- The Iron Star (Short Story) by Dan Abnett — A weary Colonel-Commissar Gaunt must fight a life or death battle in an unknown warzone.
- Cell (Short Story) by Nik Vincent — On the world of Reredos, brave bands of freedom fighters resist the occupying forces. Ayatani Perdu leads one resistance cell, but can he trust his fellow conspirators?
- Blueblood (Short Story) by Nick Kyme — The Volpone Bluebloods must set aside their distaste for their primitive allies and find the source of Chaos corruption before they are all declared unclean and destroyed.
- A Good Man (Short Story) by Sandy Mitchell — Administratum adept Zale Linder, assigned to the reconstruction efforts on Verghast, uncovers a mystery when he goes looking for a missing friend.
- Of Their Lives in the Ruins of Their Cities (Short Story) by Dan Abnett — Long before they became Gaunt's Ghosts, the Tanith First were perched on the edge of destruction. Can they rally behind Gaunt and become the legends they are destined to be?