Following the 13th Black Crusade, Orks have taken the opportunity to invade the Scarus Sector and continual Ork infestation remains a very real problem in this corner of the Imperium. The Scarus Sector was also the main area of operation for the Inquisitors Gregor Eisenhorn and Gideon Ravenor.
The Scarus Sector was originally named after Captain Scarus of the 52nd Company of the Word Bearers Legion (by decree of Lorgar). Captain Scarus and his entire company was lost to the warp during passage through the sector during The Pilgrimage.
Known subsectors and planets
- Helican Subsector - The site of the Helican Scism, a wave of rebellion, terrorism and sabotage that swept the area.
- Thracian Primaris System
- Anemae Gulfward
- Respa III
- Antimar Subsector
- Angelus Subsector
- Ophidian Subsector - In 240.M41 to 337/338.M41 the Ophidian subsector was the site of the Ophidian Campaign (also known as the Purge Campaign) in which Battlefleet Scarus wrested control of the subsector from heretic forces.
- Kerak Subsector
- Vincies Subsector - Subsector has been lost.
- 1: The Inquisition (Background Book), [Needs Citation]
- 2: The Scarus Sector at Fantasy Flight Games (site accessed 2009.12.02)
- 3: The First Heretic (Novel), p. 229
- 4: Imperial Armour Volume Six - The Siege of Vraks - Part Two, [Needs Citation]
- 5: White Dwarf 287 (UK), p. 39
- 5: Codex: Eye of Terror (3rd Edition), p. 25
- 6: Pariah (Novel) by Dan Abnett, Chapters 25, 26, 38