|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
They were thought to have been destroyed while fighting alongside the Black Templars, during a Tyranid invasion on their Homeworld, Varadon in 987.M41[1a]. However a strike force of the Shadow Wolves later came to the aid of Cadia, during the Thirteenth Black Crusade and joined the Imperial forces' efforts to retake the Chaos held Kasr Belloc. It is not known, though, how many of the Shadow Wolves were able to escape Cadia's destruction, at the Despoiler's hands.
The Black Library author, Aaron Dembski-Bowden, wrote the Shadow Wolves as a reference to loyalist Luna Wolves, as a gift to his wife who was a fan of the Luna Wolves. On the forum Warseer, Aaron Dembski-Bowden stated that the Shadow Wolves were likely Imperial Fists descendants with dark purple armour. He went on to say that they have a large number of Mark VI Power Armour helmets and were both extremely Codex Astartes-compliant and extremely independent.
- 1: Helsreach by Aaron Dembski-Bowden
- 2: Ragnar Blackmane (Novel), Epilogue
- 3: Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia, Chapter 3: In the Teeth of the Storm
- 4:  (last accessed 20 October 2019)
- 5: Warseer Forum: Post by Aaron Dembski-Bowden (Posted 19 July 2011) (Last accessed 10/21/2019)