Sicarian Ruststalkers are the elite Skitarii assassins of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
Initially an elite assassination squad, the Sicarian Ruststalkers proved so effective at the art of killing that they were repurposed as front-line, physics-manipulating commandos. Their Transonic Weapons hum and resonate with sickening efficiency, passing through the strongest armour as if it simply didn't exist, though the effect of the damage often takes several seconds to manifest. These highly trained and augmented squads known as Killclades are led by Princeps.
As with their Infiltrator brothers, every Sicarian was once a Skitarii who was grievously injured in battle. If these fallen are judged still fit to serve the Omnissiah, they are not incinerated but instead taken back to be augmented into lethal killing machines. This process can take place as long as a Tech-Priest possesses a head, torso, and some limb-stumps.
Sicarian Ruststalkers are also called "shivs", a reference to the way they repeatedly plunge their transonic weapons into their enemies, visible only as a blur of blue and arcing sprays of scarlet blood.
- Crimson Blades — of Stygies VIII
- R2-111 — of Ryza. Fought with Orks of Waaagh! Rarguts who feared them and called them Rust-rippers.
- Skullmarks — of Stygies VIII
- 1: Games Workshop
- 2: Codex: Skitarii (7th Edition) pgs. 27–28
- 3: Warhammer: Visions 16, pg. 31
- 4: Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus (8th Edition), pg. 50, Sicarian Ruststalkers