Space Marine Bike
These vehicles are equipped with powerful engines, required to propel a fully-armoured Space Marine at high speeds, and boast highly-responsive controls required to perform complex battlefield maneuvers. They are able to be operated in a wide range of environments, from shifting dune seas to ice-strewn wastelands to rocky moonscapes, and are simple enough in design that their riders can perform repairs in the field if necessary. Their sturdy construction and wide, thick tires allows the bike to easily smash through rockcrete walls at full speed without harm to either bike or rider. The average bike weighed nigh on a ton.
A variant of the Bike is the Space Marine Attack Bike, which includes a Heavy Bolter or Multi-Melta mounted on an attached sidecar. These heavy weapons, combined with the manoeuvrability of the Assault Bike, makes it excellent at rapidly deploying large amounts of heavy fire-power to those areas which require it urgently.
A Scout Bike Squadron is a mounted, rapid-strike version of the Scout Squad. The squadron is made up of a Sergeant and between two and four Scouts, all mounted. All wear lighter Carapace Armour but are excellent at scouting out forces a long distance away, which would take too long for Scouts on foot to investigate. They are usually armed with either twin-linked Bolters or an Astartes Grenade Launcher.
For 1st edition of Warhammer 40'000 was released Vincent Black Shadow Bike - first bike-model for Space Marines.
Vincent Black Shadow Space Marine Bike miniature, 1st edition
- 1: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 68
- 2: Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition), pg. 30
- 3: Codex: Space Marines (4th Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 4: The Art of Warhammer 40,000, pg. 13
- 5: Dante (Novel) by Guy Haley, Chapter Fourteen
- 6: Warhammer 40,000 Chapter Approved - The Book of the Astronomican, pg. 63
- 7: Warhammer Community: Warhammer 40,000: More Models Revealed (24/05/2020) (Last accessed on 24 May 2020)
- 8: Warhammer Community: Indomitus Focus get on your bike (posted 6/16/2020) (last accessed 6/16/2020)
- 9: Warhammer 40,000 2nd Edition Rulebook pg.51