Staff of Light
From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
A Staff of Light is a type of weapon used by high-ranking Necrons, including Overlords, Lords and Crypteks.[2a]
An exception among Necron technology, the staff does not use Gauss Weaponry principles, instead it absorbs energy from thin air to release in the form of powerful lightning bolts. A secondary effect of the energy is a steep decrease in the temperature around the wielder, the cold freezes the limbs of the opponents, mechanical or not, who shatters when hit by the staff.
Later versions sport a Fractal Edged Blade on the top of the staff for increased damage.[2b]
The Staff of Light can be further modified by its wielders to better serve them in battle.
- Gauss Flayer: A full gauss flayer embedded in the Staff of Light allows the Necron Lord to fire devastating bolts of energy at his foes.
- Gauss Flux Arc: Multi-barreled flux-arc projectors are embedded in the Staff of Light, allowing the Necron Lord to fire devastating bolts of energy at his foes.
- Necrontyr Sigils: Adorning the hilt of the Staff of Light, these ancient sigils empower the weapon to fire powerful gauss blasts at the enemy.
- Reaping Blades: Added after the Skinning Blades, these additional blades allow the Staff of Light to cut though the toughest of armour, making it very effective against vehicles.
- Skinning Blades: Able to flense flesh and slice through armor, these blades inspire dread in all those who face the Necron Lord in close combat.
- Warscythe Blades: Can be added after the Skinning Blades, the Warscythe phase blades slip effortlessly through even the most powerful armour.
Unique Staves of Light
- Staff of the Destroyer - Used by Imotekh
- Staff of the Tomorrow - Used by Orikan
- Empathic Obliterator - Used by Trazyn
- 1: White Dwarf 218, [Needs Citation]
- 2: Codex: Necrons (3rd Edition)
- 3: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade - Commander screen; Wargear section
- 4: Dawn of War: Soulstorm - Commander screen; Wargear section
- 5: Codex: Necrons (5th Edition), pgs. 89-90
- 6: Codex: Necrons (7th Edition), pgs. 88-89
- 7: Codex: Necrons (8th Edition), pgs. 83-86
|Necron Infantry Weapons|
|Close Range & Melee Weapons||Hyperphase Sword • Rod of Covenant • Staff of Light • Particle Caster • Tachyon Arrow • Voidblade • Warscythe • Hyperphase Glaive • Hyperphase Glaive • Hyperphase Thresher • Hyperphase Reap-Blade • Hyperphase Harvester • Monomolecular Proboscis • Enmitic Disintegrator Pistol • Eldritch Lance • Flensing Claw • Gauntlet of Fire|
|Two-Handed Weapons||Gauss Blaster • Gauss Flayer • Gauss Reaper • Synaptic Disintegrator • Tesla Carbine • Transdimensional Beamer|
|Heavy Weapons||Gauss Cannon • Heavy Gauss Cannon • Particle Beamer • Particle Shredder • Thermal Cutting Beam • Enmitic Annihilator • Gauss Destructor • Enmitic Exterminator|
|Cryptek Weapons||Abyssal Staff • Atavindicator • Aeonstave • Chronotendrils • Countertemporal Nanomines • Eldritch Lance • Entropic Lance • Ether Crystals • Harp of Dissonance • Tremorstave • Voltaic Staff|