The Sycorax is a large Chaos starship that served as Ahriman's flagship during his leadership of the Prodigal Sons warband and the flagship of the Brotherhood of Dust warband under Amon's leadership prior to that. After the Sycorax was destroyed during the assult over the moon of Apollonia, Ahriman commanded the Word of Hermes, the Pyromonarch and the Soul Jackal as the three new starships to replace the Sycorax as the Prodigal Sons' new flagship.
The original owner of the Sycorax was Amon, leader of the Brotherhood of Dust. The Sycorax served as the flagship of the Brotherhood of Dust's fleet and the personal residence of Amon. After being held prisoner aboard the Sycorax, Ahriman broke free, killed Amon and claimed the warband and the warband's fleet for himself. After Ahriman consolidated his leadership of Amon's Warband for himself the Sycorax served the same role as it did prior under Amon's command.
The Sycorax was destroyed during the Assault on Apollonia by traitorous elements of Ahriman's warband as well as the combined forces of the Inquistion and their Grey Knight allies. Although many people from Ahriman's warband both loyal and traitor elements saw the destruction of the Sycorax as major blow to the strength of Ahriman's forces knowing how powerful of an asset the Sycorax was, Ahriman only saw the loss of this vessel as a necessary sacrifice to root out the traitorous elements within his forces and the loss of the Sycorax was only a minor inconvenience. When the Sycorax was destroyed Ahriman ordered the Word of Hermes, the Pyromonarch and the Soul Jackal as the three new ships to replace the Sycorax as the warband's new flagships.
- Amon's Downfall: While aboard the Sycorax, Ahriman escaped the holding cell Amon put him in with help. He later over powered 36 sorcerer at once and killed Amon in the Sycorax's hangerbays, taking control of Amon's warband and the Sycorax in the process.[1a]
- The destruction of Vohal: Ahriman destroyed Vohal's surface with his fleet, turning the surface into dust in order to prepare it for an invasion two years later.
- Return to Vohal: Ahriman returned to Vohal and found (as expected) a heavily fortified Inquisition base on the surface, and a large Inquisitorial fleet orbiting the planet. The Sycorax and the rest of Ahriman's fleet attacked the Inquisition's fleet while Ahriman and a small cabal of Sorcerers assaulted the Inquistion's base and kidnapped Inquisitor Iobel.
- The Assault on Apollonia: After finding that the Athenaeum of Kallimakus resided on the moon Apollonia, Ahriman took his entire fleet to attack the Inquisition's fleet, while a small squad of Rubric Marines, a Sorcerer and Ahriman himself attempted to take the Athenaeum on the moon's surface. Ahriman successfully took the Athenaeum, defeated Inquisition and Grey Knight resistance, and destroyed Apollonia. During this battle the Sycorax was destroyed by traitorous elements of Ahriman's fleet and the combined forces of the Inquistion and Grey Knights.
- 1: Ahriman: Exile (Novel) by John French, Chapter Twenty-One, pgs. 390-396
- 2: Ahriman: Sorcerer (Novel) by John French, [Needs Citation]
- 3: Ahriman: Unchanged (Novel) by John French, [Needs Citation]