- Square images are the best solution for consistency trough the wiki, and works better with the "packed" gallery mode
- Cropping is good. Excessive cropping is bad.
- The base should be entirely visible (except for aircrafts)
- A model should be given some room to breath : A few millimeters of whitespace between the model and the image borders does alot for a better presentation
Reverse Chronological order for galleries
So, most galleries are presented in a chronological order.
I believe it would benefit the section if every gallery was presented in a reverse chronological order (most recent minis per edition at the top, when possible). You can check some examples in the following galleries :
What's people opinion about this?
- I think it makes sense for the larger sections to be reverse chronologically sorted (ie 9th Ed., 8th Ed., 7th Ed., etc) since those miniatures are the most relevant to a modern reader, but what about within those sections? For example in the Leagues of Votann gallery you have the releases in 2022 before the releases in 2023. There's some merit to this since usually there's a main batch of miniatures produced in one year and a few characters in later years, but it also breaks the consistency of the organizing scheme. Not sure where I fall on that. --Mikaka (talk) 18:00, 24 June 2023 (UTC)