Name and physical description
Tarellians are called dog soldiers because of their long canine-like faces. They are narrow-waisted, broad shouldered and a bit shorter than most humans. Their fingers are described as clawed, and Tarellians are known to have knees and ribs.
Known locations and encounters
- They are known to have been present on Epsion Octarius.
- They once held the Mostar System, until their forces were defeated by the Brotherhood of a Thousand Chapter, in late M41.
- A Tarellian civilization was recently devoured by Hive Fleet Moloch during their advances from the galactic north and the Kiltor Sector.
- Tarellian Dog-Soldiers also fought as part of the xenos mercenaries of the Alpha Legion's Sons of the Hydra in their campaign to eradicate the Ultramarines' Successor Chapters guarding the rimward edge of the Maelstrom in late M41.[5a] They took part in the successful ground assault against the Marines Mordant's Fortress-Monastery the Bas-Silica on Vitrea Mundi.[5a] Here they fought alongside the Morralians, Galgs, Fra'al, Sslyth, and Eldar Outcasts, and were united with them by a shared seething hatred of humanity.[5a] The use of different species was chosen to provide maximum strategic flexibility, and their extremely varied combat styles made them very difficult for even the Marines' Veterans to defend against.[5a][5b]
- Genestealers are known to have started colonies among the Tarellians, though they have not proven to be an ideal host.
In Sons of the Hydra, Quetzel Carthach was said to have included xenos in his close circle of advisors.[5a] While Omizhar Vohk is the only confirmed advisor, Tarellians or members of the other xenos mercenaries Carthach used may have been included among them.
- 1: Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), pg. 29
- 2: Warhammer 40,000 3rd Edition Rulebook, pg. 116
- 3: Storm of Damocles (Novel), Chapter 7
- 4: Kill Team (Novel), Chapter 6
- 5: Sons of the Hydra (Novel):
- 6: Codex: Genestealer Cults (8th Edition), pg. 14
|Castes||Ethereal • Air • Earth • Fire • Water|
|Allied Races||Kroot • Vespid • Nicassar • Demiurg • Gue'vesa • Galg • Tarellian • Greet |
Charpactin • Nagi • Ji'atrix • Morralian • Hrenian • Brachyura • Domati
Thraxian • Anthrazod • G’nosh • Yabi-Yabi • Ostense Council • Formosian • Ranghon
|Military||Fire Warriors • Kor'vattra • Merchant Fleet • Auxiliaries|
|Culture||Sept • Greater Good • Tau Lexicon|
|Notable Characters||Aun'Va • Aun'shi • O'Shaserra • O'Shovah • Puretide • El'Myamoto • T'au Sha'ng|