The Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth is a stand-alone miniature wargame released by Games Workshop. Closely related to Warhammer 40,000, it covers the events of the Battle of Calth during the Horus Heresy. Emphasising fast-paced squad-based combat during six missions, it allows players to choose their side and command a force of miniatures during one of the iconic battles of the Horus Heresy
It is the 31st Millennium. The galaxy is aflame.
Enlightenment and knowledge are sundered; the Age of Darkness has begun in earnest. The Emperor’s glorious vision for humanity lies in ruins as his favoured son, Horus, has rejected his father’s light and embraced the corrupting tendrils of Chaos. Civil war has broken out amongst the Space Marines — once brothers, fighting side by side as the galaxy’s protectors, they are now a force divided. Some remain loyal to the Emperor, others have sided with the Warmaster. Nothing is certain, everything is at stake, and the Imperium is split down the middle...
- A Space Marine Captain in Terminator Armour and a Dark Apostle
- A Contemptor Dreadnought, armed with a choice of multi-melta or twin assault cannon
- Five Cataphractii Terminators, with weapon options including combi bolters, power fists, lightning claws, chain fists, power swords, heavy flamers and grenade harnesses
- Thirty Legion Tactical Space Marines in MK4 armour, with a huge selection of weapons and custom features, including bolters, missile launchers, heavy bolters, chainswords, power swords, power fists, plasma pistols, lightning claw blades, combi flamer, melta and plasma guns, a melta bomb and a set of combat blades. These miniatures also include ammo packs, holstered bolt pistols and a selection of frag and krak grenades.
- Four double-sided boards, printed on thick card stock, representing the caverns under Calth where the desperate struggle between the Ultramarines and Word Bearers took place.
- A forty-eight page Sourcebook (Betrayal at Calth), featuring an introduction to the battle on Calth, comprehensive rules and scenarios for playing the game, an overview of the Word Bearers and Ultramarines legions and a showcase of the included miniatures
- Forty-two command and reference cards, used to introduce effects and events into the game;
- Twelve dice and an array of markers used in-game