The Imperial Truth (Anthology)
|This article is about the anthology; for the doctrine, see Imperial Truth.|
The Imperial Truth is a short story anthology that was released exclusively at Black Library events in 2013 and later released online in 2015. These short stories were re-collected as part of War Without End published in January 2016.
The Emperor decreed long ago that there were no gods upon the Earth or in the sky, and that all of mankind's belief and aspirations should be poured into His vision for the galaxy instead. Upon such unshakeable foundations was the Imperium to be built - except that the Imperial Truth was a lie, and the powers that the Emperor denied had already sunken their claws into many of his sons. With the treachery of Horus now known from the Eastern Fringe to holy Terra itself, how many more of his father's words will be proven false in the days to come?
- "Hands of the Emperor" by Rob Sanders
- "The Phoenician" by Nick Kyme
- "By the Lion's Command" by Gav Thorpe
- "The Devine Adoratrice" by Graham McNeill
- "Lord of the Red Sands" by Aaron Dembski-Bowden
- "All That Remains" by James Swallow