Trial by Blood (Anthology)
From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
|Collected in||Flesh Tearers|
Trial by Blood is an Anthology of short stories by Andy Smillie about the Flesh Tearers Space Marine Chapter published in December 2014.
Gabriel Seth is on trial for his life, and for the very existence of his Chapter. The Flesh Tearers, scions of Sanguinius and cousins to the noble Blood Angels, stand accused of deviancy and brutality beyond that which can be tolerated. As Seth recounts his history of defending the Imperium, his judges – the Masters of other Blood Angels Successor Chapters – must decide the fate of the Flesh Tearers.
In addition to the listed stories, the anthology features a framing story in four acts called The Trial of Gabriel Seth.
- Know Thyself (Short Story)
- Blood in the Machine (Audio Drama)
- From the Blood (Short Story)
- Beneath the Flesh (Short Story)
- Torturer's Thirst (Short Story)
- Death's Shepherd (Short Story)
- Immortalis (Short Story)
- The Quickening (Short Story)
- Astorath the Grim: Redeemer of the Lost (Short Story)
- Gabriel Seth: The Flesh Tearer (Short Story)
- 1: Black Library (last accessed 30th April 2022)