Troupers, also called Rilletann, are the the most numerous Harlequin warriors. The main body of any company of Harlequins will be troupers, who perform as the chorus on both the stage and battlefield.
- the Light (headstrong, aggressive, and heroic), identified with a Prism
- the Dark (vindictive and flamboyant), identified with a Heart
- the Twilight (obsessively precise and detailed), identified with the four-pointed Star
Every Trouper wears a mask to conceals their identity while evoking the character whose role they play. A Harlequin’s mask can change its features by the moment, displaying shifting features to aid their performance. In battle, those who look into the mask of a Trouper see their worst fears reflected back at them, an inescapable psychoresponsive bombardment that distracts and terrifies in equal measure.[3c]
Amongst the Troupe are certain Players, known as Virtuosos, whose roles emphasise the use of specialist weaponry, the better to unleash elegantly hideous destruction.
- 1: Warhammer 40,000 Compendium pg.185
- 2: Games Workshop
- 3: Codex: Harlequins (8th Edition) pg.58
- 4: HARLEQUIN TROUPE KILL TEAMS
|Command||High Avatar • High Warlock|
|Specialists||Shadowseer • Death Jester • Solitaire • Warlock • Master Mime|
|Troops||Trouper • Troupe Master • Mime|
|Vehicles||Skyweaver • Starweaver • Eldar Jetbike • Venom|