From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
A True Death is the act of destroying the essence of a Daemon entirely, rather then simply banishing it back to the Warp as is the case with the destruction of most Daemons slain in the Materium. Often a true death requires a use of a special relic, ritual, or an overwhelming amount of psychic might.
Daemons known to have suffered True Deaths
- Aghalbor - killed by Vulkan and the Talisman of Seven Hammers.
- Dark Lady - killed by Asurmen after being stabbed by the Sword of Asur.
- Kar'Voth - killed in the Warp by Kaldor Draigo
- M'kar - killed by Marneus Calgar and Uriel Ventris on Talassar after Ventris shouted the Daemon's mortal name and Calgar stabbed it with the Shard of Erebus.
- Nekaybraianon - killed by Inquisitor Adorjin with the holy sword Luminous Reproach
- Prophaniti - killed by Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn's runestaff.
- Septicus - killed by Roboute Guilliman wielding the Sword of the Emperor
- Yssarile - killed by Tzeentch after an attempt to usurp it.
- 1: The Chapter's Due (Novel), Chapter 24, pg. 470
- 2: Malleus (Novel), [Needs Citation]
- 3: Codex: Grey Knights (5th Edition), pg. 39
- 4: Hereticus (Novel), Chapter Seventeen
- 5: Dark Heresy: Purge the Unclean, pg.80
- 6: Old Earth (Novel) [Needs Citation]
- 7: Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook, pg. 154
- 8: Asurmen: Hand of Asuryan (Novel), Chapter 24, pg. 184-185